Page 1 of 2
i usually smoke roll your own cigarettes, but the other day i bought a pack of marb lights, they were that fire safe kind. the morning after smoking half a pack of them i woke up with a terrible cold, i can't hardly breathe, i have headaches constantly and my sinuses are dripping like a faucet

coincidence? i dunno, anyone else have the same problem?

EDIT: let's not have any of those "quit smoking" rants, they aren't very original
head and founder of the cave dweller association

i have 100§ to my name
Last edited by trog at Sep 23, 2009,
Marlboro Lights are ****ing disgusting,

The HELL is wrong with you?

Anyway, All marlboro use that chemical or whatever that makes them fire safe,
I smoke Marlboro Reds and I've never had that problem, so just bad luck OP.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Stop smoking. It's kind of a simple solution.
Cause I love feelin' dirty
And I love feelin' cheap
And I love it when you hurt me
So drive those staples deep
Quote by dhutton
don't you have to light cigarettes on fire to smoke them?

how the hell are they firesafe?

they have something in the paper (something TOXIC) that makes them go out faster, they say they did it to cut back on forest fires

i have 100§ to my name
One of my friends smokes the fire safe ones and has never had a problem
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Quote by dhutton
don't you have to light cigarettes on fire to smoke them?

how the hell are they firesafe?

You have to keep puffing on them, otherwise they go out really quickly. It's to stop people falling asleep with a cig in their hand, and then burning their house down, etc. I think anyway - we don't get them in the UK Valhalla so I'm not sure.
Evolution 101

Get down Moses - part another sea,
Carve another tablet out of L.S.D.
I HATE the FSCs, especailly now that my beloved Newports have gone to the dark side
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Quote by avenged_7_fold
I HATE the FSCs, especailly now that my beloved Newports have gone to the dark side

Menthol is bad mmkay.
Quote by avenged_7_fold

i know, i used to love newports

on another note, people (just normal people on smoking sites) say that they expect rolly papers to be changed to fire safe eventually

yay for government control!

i have 100§ to my name
enjoy your lung cancer.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I have no idea when they switched to FSC, I could never tell, and I'm VERY particular about the flavor, freshness, etc. of my specific brand.
if they change all rolling papers to fire safe ill revolt against the government
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by Rutch
I have no idea when they switched to FSC, I could never tell, and I'm VERY particular about the flavor, freshness, etc. of my specific brand.

thats the funny thing, the first time i had a fsc i looked at the guy i bummed it off of and said it tasted like ass, i didn't even know it was fsc

some people can't taste the difference, the rest of us hate it

i have 100§ to my name
Quote by rancidryan
enjoy your lung cancer.

If I ever get lung cancer, I'm going to cough up a lung into the face of anybody who ever said that to me (max 2 people). Then I will have enjoyed it.
Evolution 101

Get down Moses - part another sea,
Carve another tablet out of L.S.D.
Quote by frozen_soul
if they change all rolling papers to fire safe ill revolt against the government

yeah, we'll start a rebellion

we'll go live in the rockies and roll our homegrown tobbacco with reciepts and the like

i have 100§ to my name
Quote by nerk13

agreed, but i dont think smokers see it that way...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by trog
they have something in the paper (something TOXIC) that makes them go out faster, they say they did it to cut back on forest fires

You suck at the truth.

As said it was done to prevent people falling asleep with lit cigs and such. It's thicker rings of paper throughout the length of the cigarette that will cause the cigarette to stop burning.
I play guitar like a pirate with two hooks....so...uh...just call me Meathook! Yar!
Quote by joshua029

it's easier said than done, if your parents smoked it's hard not to start, also it's hard to quit if your friends smoke

i have 100§ to my name
I believe most commercial cigarettes are fire safe now. I've never heard of it causing new health problems.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by cokronk
You suck at the truth.

As said it was done to prevent people falling asleep with lit cigs and such. It's thicker rings of paper throughout the length of the cigarette that will cause the cigarette to stop burning.

http://www.firesafecigarettes.org/categoryList.asp?categoryID=9&URL=Home%20-%20The%20Coalition%20for%20Fire%20Safe%20Cigarettes

sorry, that makes sense, i guess when the site said fire safe i just assumed forest, either way, who in there right mind would fall asleep with a cigarette?

i have 100§ to my name
Quote by trog
http://www.firesafecigarettes.org/categoryList.asp?categoryID=9&URL=Home%20-%20The%20Coalition%20for%20Fire%20Safe%20Cigarettes

sorry, that makes sense, i guess when the site said fire safe i just assumed forest, either way, who in there right mind would fall asleep with a cigarette?

My mom's friend has done it numerous times, I've done it myself once.

As well as lighting them backwards when you're tired or etc.
Quote by trog
i usually smoke roll your own cigarettes, but the other day i bought a pack of marb lights, they were that fire safe kind. the morning after smoking half a pack of them i woke up with a terrible cold, i can't hardly breathe, i have headaches constantly and my sinuses are dripping like a faucet

coincidence? i dunno, anyone else have the same problem?

EDIT: let's not have any of those "quit smoking" rants, they aren't very original
There's yer problem. Shoulda smoked the whole pack. Smoke moar, pussy.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by nerk13

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!

Smokers know that smoking is bad for them. They're not going to stop because a stranger on UG tells them to. I'm getting really tired of people coming into smoking threads like this. Your comments are cliche, aggravating, and completely unproductive.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Yeah, i dont think cigarettes can start forest fires,or it depends where you throw them. I throw them on grass sometimes, and they just burn to the butt and die out. If it's dry enough, then yeah, i could see it happening, but i dont think the cigarette has enough burning to spread.
Quote by SGibson666
Yeah, i dont think cigarettes can start forest fires,or it depends where you throw them. I throw them on grass sometimes, and they just burn to the butt and die out. If it's dry enough, then yeah, i could see it happening, but i dont think the cigarette has enough burning to spread.

it's happened, but isn't it common courtesy to stomp out the butt when you throw it?

i have 100§ to my name
Quote by trog
it's easier said than done, if your parents smoked it's hard not to start, also it's hard to quit if your friends smoke

I've actually found, around me, if people's parents smoke, they tend not to smoke themselves.
I assume it's part of a childhood rebellion thing, though I know it differs in other places.
Quote by trog
it's happened, but isn't it common courtesy to stomp out the butt when you throw it?

Oh yeah, i stomp them out, dont get me wrong, but once in a while i just let it be(usually on the sidewalk or road, not on peoples lawns). I used to have a cigarette butt holder(metal container with a stopper,pretty useful if you dont have an ashtray), and put them in there, so i could just throw them out later on, but i lost it.
marb 27's are the best i think but idk if they are fire safe? but maybe since lights are so are 27's
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
Quote by Fritz621
marb 27's are the best i think but idk if they are fire safe? but maybe since lights are so are 27's

The pack of 27's I have are fire safe but I think it varies from state to state.
This thread has inspired me to go smoke. TAKE THAT ANTI-SMOKING ASSHOLES!
Quote by joshua029

I've been trying to quit for the past year. It's not as easy as it sounds.

But I don't think non-smokers see it that way
Quote by nerk13

I want you to start smoking for maybe a year or 2, get addicted to them, and then try quitting, it's not a "simple" solution, my mom quit, but it took her 6-7 times over the course of maybe 3-4 years, when someone close to you tries to quit, you see how difficult it really is. It's one of the hardest things for a human being to do. Now shes addicted to the damn gum, so I can't say she truely quit, but least it's better than her smoking.

Thats why I'm amazed by my dad, he quit cold turkey his first try, and hasn't smoked a cig since.
Last edited by eltyr18 at Sep 23, 2009,
Quote by eltyr18
I want you to start smoking for maybe a year or 2, get addicted to them, and then try quitting, it's not a "simple" solution, my mom quit, but it took her 6-7 times over the course of mayb 3-4 years, when someone close to you tries to quit, you see how difficult it really is. It's one of the hardest things for a human being to do. Now shes addicted to the damn gum, so I can't say she truely quit, but least it's better than her smoking.

Thats why I'm amazed by my dad, he quit cold turkey his first try, and hasn't smoked a cig since.

It's all about will power.

I'm not trying to diss your mom, im just sayin.....
Page 1 of 2