Hey
Me and my band have been practicing at a rehearsal room, which cost us £7 an hour. this isnt bad, but we need to practice every week, and when you're teenagers, it starts to add up. So we've been told we can practice at school. They have a decent PA, a drumkit and some pretty awesome amps.

my problem is, another band uses the school too. They use it every week, but not on any set day. They've always used it and seem to have a problem with us using it too. They're older than us, and have made hollow threats at us, saying if we turn up and they're practicing "they'll kick our heads in"
yeah... somehow i dont believe them

Anyways, i get on well with their drummer. I've tried to ask him when they're rehearsing, and hes never sure because they just decide one day through the week, and go with it.

How can i sort it out so that we can practice after school, and how can i stop a band feud with these complete assholes ?
'The Blues is Easy to Play, but Hard to Feel'
Jimi Hendrix
Tell the head, seriously.
They're the ones being children, treat them like children.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Tell the school that you're claiming it a certain day of the week, then it doesn't matter what that band says. Or practice at one of your houses.
/thread.
Man, there are several ways to work that out:

1) Talk to someone in charge of letting people use the rehearsal space.
2) Practice there whenever, and watch how much they won't 'kick your heads in'. They're at a school, if they do anything to you, they'd be kicked outta there pretty quickly.
3) Create a time for your band to rehearse every week. Let the other band know that it'll be consistent, that way they won't practice during your time, and have literally all other times that week to practice.
4) Battle of the bands!

Hope this helps man.
Simple,
1 - Talk to head of school
2 - Get a calendar
3 - Put time and band on calendar
4 - Done
I like the idea of just turning up when we like...

the schedule thing should be sorted by the end of the week. its just them being stubborn, immature and childish thats the main issue

PS: I may have made it worse by telling their guitarist he looks like La Roux :P
Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by Rock&RollStar at Sep 23, 2009,
i don't know who La Roux is, but that sounds like a pretty good burn.

I was originally going to tell you to grow a pair and take what's yours, but it looks like you're well on your way to doing that. nice.
Make a timetable with them...

It will work alot better for both bands.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Quote by Rock&RollStar
I like the idea of just turning up when we like...

the schedule thing should be sorted by the end of the week. its just them being stubborn, immature and childish thats the main issue

PS: I may have made it worse by telling their guitarist he looks like La Roux :P

In bold: Well that isn't a good idea, a regular practice time breeds successful practice because members know how long they have got to prepare themselves for the next practice.

and a schedule would cause less hassel with this other band. You play at one particular time of the week, the other band has got the rest of the week to practice as they wish.
Quote by Gulli05
Make a timetable with them...

It will work alot better for both bands.

This.
Also, didn't know you went to bandleading often
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
Quote by GrisKy
i don't know who La Roux is, but that sounds like a pretty good burn.

(Invalid img)
This annoying, whiny voiced hamster girl-boy-squirrel thing. for some reason, people here think shes the best thing since sliced bread. Its just cheap synths, crappy lyrics and torturous vocals

if you wish to be able to comprehend her crapness, follow this link http://
Jimi Hendrix
Geez - what happened to bands being nice to each other? Even though they "threw the first stone" so to speak, it's no need to step down to their level and insult how they look.

As mentioned above a proper timetable will fix your band's problems.

However if your bands get on some sort of amicable terms, you have the possibility to gig together, and also start getting some networking in place by meeting other people in the music industry within your area. Knowing the right people is invaluable, and if you can't get along with some of your peers over a practice space, you won't have a chance with the elitist variety of promoter that you'll encounter later.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
How goods your guitarist? Do a guitar dual and record and post it here 4 us
\m/ metal up your ass
hum what band feud ?

This is not Metallica vs Megadeth, it's just a childish dispute over some rehearsal space that could be easily solved, this has nothing to do with music.
Tell the school director or whoever is responsible about the threats ?
Propose a fixed schedule for the space with them ?
Tell your parents about it ?
Egg their houses ?

I dunno, anything kids of your age would do.

btw La roux is the name of a duo, not the name of a singer. The picture of the chick you posted is the singer for La Roux, not really La Roux.