me and my bud finally got my old bassman up and running. it sounds better than ever. i dont remember the cleans being this good. we are putting new caps in it tonight, and slowly "kind of" blackfacing the normal channel, either turn the bass channel into a jtm-45 or (hopefully if we can figure something out) sort of a Mark I lead sound.
anyway, now i need 2 12 inch speakers. i know exactly what i want. Mesa C90 speakers. ive loved them with everything i ever heard them with. and the specs are just what i want from a speaker. lots of bass, but not overbearing. no mid hump, low mids have nice presence. and treble is easily heard without being ice-picky.

i def. do not want to buy the mesa c90 speakers new, so assuming i dont find it used, i need to know what these speakers are based on. i hear that they are basically slightly modified Celestion Lead 80s. which means im looking at the warehouse speaker equivalent. (dont remember the name) but ive also heard that these speakers could be based on a few other types of celestion speakers, but i cant recall.

does anyone know what the c90s are based on, and/or do recommend lead 80s at all?

any other input you add is greatly appreciated.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I didn't know it wasn't running. This is the SF right? If so then ya I love the cleans on mine, I think they are warmer and have more low end than any Twin Reverb I've heard. They are very, very scooped though so I boost the mids a bit.

I really want to know how modding goes, I have been thinking about the two channel thing. I'd like to do some mods to mine, on the bass channel, so I can keep the normal channel as is. Blackfacing the bass channel, and still having the headroom of SF on the normal would be awesome.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Celestion G12k-100 are similar to what you are discribing, huge lowend, no mid hump, and overall very balanced.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
anyone else?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Pics or its an MG that someone lit on fire and you restored....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
last bump.
will someone offer help, or just a big can of SPAM like usual lol.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
last bump.
will someone offer help, or just a big can of SPAM like usual lol.

I agree with johnnybryant above. As well I like the Jensen C12Q matched with fenders, not sure how they would work with the JTM side of the amp. They handle booming low end very well. Glad to hear you're getting the old pig running again.
You could buy 2 10" bass speakers and then add a vintage 30 from warehouse speakers and get a really nice mix of tone.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by chea_man
2 12 inch speakers. i know exactly what i want. Mesa C90 speakers. ive loved them with everything i ever heard them with. and the specs are just what i want from a speaker. lots of bass, but not overbearing. no mid hump, low mids have nice presence. and treble is easily heard without being ice-picky.

i def. do not want to buy the mesa c90 speakers new, so assuming i dont find it used, i need to know what these speakers are based on.

does anyone know what the c90s are based on, and/or do recommend lead 80s at all?

this?
thank for the replies so far
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
311 uses a Lead 80 in his avatar if IIRC. Ping him he may be helpful.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era