Ok now I want this amp but cant find it. Thus I need to look for close alternates. I want tones of Aerosmith, AC/DC, Guns n Roses.

Due to non-availability all I got is:

Laney L5T-112 (I guess this is lionheart)
Marshall Haze 40
Fender Hot Rod
Vox AC4TVH

Now can someone help me with these amps? Or may be suggest another one of these companies?

I want a all tube amp.
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
I've heard some bad things about crate. Like they have some serious manufacturing defects.
Quote by hendo123456789
Quote by invincibleneo
I've heard some bad things about crate. Like they have some serious manufacturing defects.

the cheap SS amps yes. I had one crap on me way back when.

The Palomino and Vintage Club amps are very good.

Budget?
Nearest major city? edit: mumbai? I have no idea friend, probably better off with a Laney VC15 or VC30.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Sep 23, 2009,
The Hot Rod would be a nice choice.

That would have been my choice, but due to budget restraints I could not get it. So I got the C30 instead. They are fairly close. I would say the Fender has better cleans than the C30. But the C30 has a better overdrive.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
I bought my Ampeg J-20 and sold my C30. I only used the C30 on the clean channel because I wasn't impressed with the gain channel tones. The C30 is a fine amp, but IMO it's best with pedals. I know you say you want an all tube amp, but the Super Champ XD will allow you to dial in great tones for all those bands without pedals. Since you listed the Vox AC4 I'm guessing that the 15watt tube power amp in the SCXD is plenty for your needs.
I tried the Ampeg J-20 out the other day and I really liked it. First Ampeg I've ever played. It was kinda thin, similar to a Laney, but had a bit more girth and attitude to it. Maybe because of the 6V6's and rectifier valve? It sounded great at low volumes, as well, which was really surprising. It's got a very simple layout, but it's also capable of quite a few tweaks. I can't say you'll get much of a modern, modern tone out of it. But the controls are very responsive. It was quite articulated and respective of your playing style, as well. Which I love in an amp.
And the tremolo was bloody brilliant. I thought it was superb.

The Classic 30 is a very good amp for the money. I prefer the Ampeg, but the Peavey is a shed-load cheaper.

I can't say much about the Lionheart, I haven't played it, but it's supposed to be more sweet and subtle than the VC series. More sparkly and 'innocent.'
But the Laney VC and LC series are both nice amps. I prefer the tones of the LC, but the tweakability of the VC. That's all I can say on it, unfortunately. I didn't get much time with the VC, and the LC I've only heard from clips--which is far from trustworthy.

The Fender Hot Rod Deluxe is a great amp, but for dirty rock, I'd choose something with a bit more prowess.

The Vox is great, too. Once again, though, not quite ideal for heavy rock due to it's small speakers and general minuteness.

I have no experience with the Marshall Haze. It's not supposed to be all that great.

You could also look into a Traynor YCV40. I don't know how common there are where you currently live, but they're worth the research.
I rather liked the Haze I played (the combo). I noticed it was somewhat muddy, which I blame on a poor stock speaker. It could probably also use an OD pedal to boost it for solos/whenever you feel like having a bit more gain on hand. The Haze won't really do anything past Sabbath as far as metal goes (on its own), but it's pretty ideal for what you want it for.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Sep 23, 2009,
I don't have access to the ampeg.

Fender Hot Road deluxe is a good choice?

But I do need a good overdrive/distortion. For GNR.

I aint into metal at all.

Budget: $700
Quote by hendo123456789
Last edited by invincibleneo at Sep 24, 2009,
vc 30
Black heart ? is it the little giant, I haven't played one, but they seem very liked around here for this type of music
ac 15 and an OD
I have a peavey classic 30 combo amp.. its about 2 years old and I've rarely played it, If you want maybe we could work something out for it, its in Brand New condition... pm me if you are interested