I'm sure all of you have heard this song before now - it's a fantastic Drop C metal song by Disturbed, but if anyone can play it, can someone help me out with the second intro? It contains a pinch harmonic which claims to be on the third fret of the bottom C string - is this how it's played or is it different? Here's the tab:

http://img225.imageshack.us/i/strickentabintro2.jpg/

I cut it out of a tab on this site, cutting out the second intro where a pinch harmonic takes place but I can't seem to get the right sound at all.

Any help is appreciated always.

Much obliged,
Kieran
try hitting it a little closer to the bridge or just play another pinch harmonic somewhere else till you're happy with it.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
pinch harmonics just take time. when i couldn't do them, i could practice all day and still not get a sound. it was pretty random how i finally learned how to do it.

just keep practicing and paying attention to form and you'll get them eventually.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
Thanks a lot guys, I'll be sure to put both pieces of advice into effect and keep at it Much appreciated.
I remember a guy compared learning pinch harmnoics to learning how to ride a bike.

It really is like that, you just kind of do it.
I've learned that if a * is next to a number, then its a natural harmonic. o.O