Page 1 of 2
a re-do of a previously failed thread by a new member that ended up as a 'whut is teh most pwnage epic amp evarr?' thread.

so what is your favourite amp and/or tone ever? (preferably an amp youve actually played yourself, no yootoob vids).

for me, its definately the Mesa Marks, since i just love that dream theater-esque tone.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

IMO Opinion it has to be the AC30. Not only does it look cool; it also has the most worldly tone and IMO the best tone in a out of this world way
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
Quote by ibrahimasood
Line 6 Spider or the crushing overdrive of MG

for so many reasons.

jackass comments like this stopped being funny long ago.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

search bar and i have many.......

WTFdit:
DAMN YOU IBANEZ PSYCHO!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Silver-spear94
for so many reasons.

jackass comments like this stopped being funny long ago.

You do know I was joking.
im no amp expert and havnt actually played it yet but the marshall jcm900 looks right up my street.
the Vox AC30. best sounding, best looking, and most versatile amp ever made IMO. it has fender cleans and marshall crunch. the AC30H2 handwired model is also particularly stunning to look at.

I love the way the AC30 sounds, but I just cant bring myself to buy one..yet. It's between that and an AD30 head
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I can tell you my favorite feature of all time is the search option.

As for amps I have many..
This amp owns!

Can't say for sure. Matamp 1224 MkII?
Quote by dcdossett65
I love the way the AC30 sounds, but I just cant bring myself to buy one..yet. It's between that and an AD30 head

you gotta just bite the bullet and do it man, the price is pretty scary for a 30 watt amp, but i promise you, as an owner of one that you will never use another amp, ever.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
you gotta just bite the bullet and do it man, the price is pretty scary for a 30 watt amp, but i promise you, as an owner of one that you will never use another amp, ever.

I would probably not get the current Vox ones, they have pretty poor build quality. A matchless would be pretty cool though.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
No question--Soldano SLO 100. Articulates better than pretty much any other amp made, gets a full range of tones from sparkling cleans to screaming chainsaw metal, all with unimaginable clarity, AND it can be dialed in to copy the tone of almost any decent amp. I'd never sell mine .
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by riffhog
No question--Soldano SLO 100. Articulates better than pretty much any other amp made, gets a full range of tones from sparkling cleans to screaming chainsaw metal, all with unimaginable clarity, AND it can be dialed in to copy the tone of almost any decent amp. I'd never sell mine .

+1

If I could get amps for individual categories it'd be something like this...

Cleans:

Fender Super Reverb
Budda Superdrive
Marshall Major

Crunch:

Trainwreck Express
Budda Superdrive
Marshall Plexi

Balls to the wall distortion:

Mesa Mark IIC+
Peavey XXX with EL34s
ENGL Blackmore

Overall:

Soldano SLO-100
Randall RM series

About all I can think of, really.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
JCM 900 SL-X ... my dream amp is now mine, very very defined gain....... and can do cleans
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
Quote by dcdossett65
I would probably not get the current Vox ones, they have pretty poor build quality. A matchless would be pretty cool though.

very true for the custom classics, steer well clear of those. the only way to go is the handwired heritage series. they're hand made and done properly
ENGL SE with 6l6.

GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
very true for the custom classics, steer well clear of those. the only way to go is the handwired heritage series. they're hand made and done properly

Don't you have a CC?
Quote by ibrahimasood
Line 6 Spider or the crushing overdrive of MG

YOU BE TROLLING!!!!!
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Cleans: AC30 w/ Celestion Blues, Marshall Plexi, Dumble SSS.
Crunch: Marshall Plexi, AC30, Trainwreck Express, Marshall RR Signature Head.
Distortion: Ampeg VH140c, Mesa Mark IV, SLO, Blackheart 100w Head.
Overall: Marshall Plexi, AC30 and Mark IV.
Quote by Rhoads_1096
Don't you have a CC?

no. i've got the AC30H2.

i've got a cousin who has a CC2x though, and the difference is VERY noticeable
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
the Vox AC30. best sounding, best looking, and most versatile amp ever made IMO. it has fender cleans and marshall crunch. the AC30H2 handwired model is also particularly stunning to look at.

That looks like Mister Rogers' suitcase. I'll pick up when of those after I throw on my buddy holly glasses, plaid shirt, skinny jeans and grow a beard.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Last edited by ConfederateAxe at Sep 23, 2009,
Favorite amps I've played:

Soldano SLO-It's obvious. The articulation and dynamics/touch sensitivity are incredible for such a high gain amp.

Bogner Fish through XTC Power amp-Awesomely smooth hot rodded Marshall tone. Kind of like the SLO but darker. Not as dynamic as the SLO though.

Trainwreck Express-Very harmonically rich gain, lots of gain, articulate gain, but not worth the huge price IMO.

Trainwreck Liverpool-Awesome cleans, very Voxy but I like them better

XiTS Piper X30-The ultimate Vox tone. I liked it better than the Matchless I compared it too.

Two Rock Custom Clean-Unreal clean tone. Like SRV's on steroids.

Mojave Plexi 45-The best in classic Marshall tone IMO.

PRS Sweet 16-Awesome little amp. I liked it better than the $3000 ones. Very nice overdrive.

Fulton-Webb Viola-The ultimate amp for Eric Johnson lead tones.

Fulton-Webb Scrumptious Monkey-Ultimate amp for Eric Johnson dirty rhythm tones.

Fuchs ODS100-My favorite D-style amp.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Maybe something from Mesa/Boogie.....They had a Mesa halfstack on display at my GC the other day, and it just sounded like god in a box. Didn't get a chance to see what exact model it was though. Bogner Uberschall is pretty badass too
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
ive never gotten a chance to play a lot of high end amps. i always feel bad trying things in GC that i couldnt afford (well, within reason). so ive tried some of the $1.5k amps, but never really anthing more. also throw in the fact that they dont really stock anything super nice that i would want to try.

anyway, my favorite amp ive tried is the mesa stiletto ace. i rarely see it mentioned on UG, but ive always found it a nice amp. mesa quality and great sound, but with a brittish style instead of their usual american flavor. cleans were good, but i really enjoyed the crunch and even the higer gain sounds. im not usually a high-gain kinda guy, but i really loved the sound of this.

now i would love to play most of the amps mentioned in this thread at least once. im sure most wouldnt be my style, but just being able to play some of these fantastic pieces of art...
^ i love the stilletos. one of my fav amps

favorite amp i've played has to be a one channel plexi cranked

from what i've owned Mark IV. beats any of the amps i've owned to shame
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Okay these are the amps I've tried in order of least liked to most liked.
Fender Amp can
Fender twin Reverb
Line 6 Flextone 2
Line 6 Spider 1,2,3
Line 6 Vetta 2
Fender G-Dec
Garnett Session Man
Krank Krankenstein
Mesa/boogie Mark II C+
MarshallJCM800 100watt (hot rodded)
Marshall JCM800 50watt (hot rodded)
Krank Rev1+
Krank Krankenstein +
Engl Invader
Engl Powerball <----- Love this thing!

Oh the reason why I love the Powerball was the amount of sounds I could get out of it, the fact that each tube can be biased individually, the gains are amazing and sound nothing like Marshall. The clean is nice and completely usable, unlike a lot of amps I've tried. There's just something about it that seemed magical to me.
LOL@UR GERE!!!1 HURRZ MINE!
Customized Gibson Explorer (Alternative 8)
LTD mp-600
Charvel/Esp hybrid (Alnico 2 pro)
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Coming Soon: EngL StH Limited Edition
Last edited by Dakkstar at Sep 23, 2009,
Boogie Rectifier/Bogner Uberschall, Bogner Ecstacy, or Randall RM100
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
fender blue deluxe,fender hot rod,fender twin

i dont know why i never try Marshall
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
fender blue deluxe,fender hot rod,fender twin

i dont know why i never try Marshall

are you proud to be an american?
because im seeing that you like fenders. do you like them because they are THE American rock sound?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
are you proud to be an american?
because im seeing that you like fenders. do you like them because they are THE American rock sound?

no cuz British amp almost never show up in my area
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
fav amps for different reasons. ofcourse you gotta pick the right tool for the job. for me, I just buy heads from now on and run everything through a orange 4x12 cab. thats the plan anyway.

1.Diezel Einstein 50
2.Soldano SLO 60
3.Fuchs TDS
4.Mesa MARK IV (this amp never gets old)
5.Orange Rockverb 50
6.Orange AD50
7.Diezel VH4 (or VH4S)

the Einstein has 3 positions for channel 2, one of them is an AC30, nuff said
Soldano is EVH buts its the BEST EVH out of all the other garbage, even the original 5150 doesn't sound as good.
Fuchs TDS is one hella versatile amp. every sound you want is in there
Mesa Mark IV is another versatile amp. nuff said.
the two orange amps sound great but they are different sounds, I'll take one of each please.
Diezel VH4 mostly because of adam jones (TOOL) but also because its 4 channels. everything you could ever ask for. 6 fx loops, midi switching. welcome to the big time.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Page 1 of 2