---------------------------------------------------------------------
--------14---------------------------------------------14----------
--------------------14-----------------------14----------------------
12-12----12-12-----12-12-15-12-12----12-12--------------

UDDUDDDUDUDDUDD

thats how i think its picked but then again i have no idea about string skipping

16th notes at 174 bpm so its pretty fast
Last edited by dorsen36 at Sep 23, 2009,
Quote by SlashYourFug
How long have you been playing? Economy picking is pretty silly when it involves string skips. I'd recommend starting on a downstroke and doing straight DUDUDU.

Yup, this.

Plain alternate picking. it's more agrresive than economy picking. tbh the only economy i do is straight sweeps. never needed economy picking, alternate seems to handle everything
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
the note pattern is in groups of threes so i would suggest UDD over and over again, but if you want a chug sound it might be worth training yourself to down pick it all
i just cant seem to handle string skipping at 12 notes per second i guess.. lol
Depends, if you want a sort of sharp and fast staccato type sound you should downpick it. If you want it to run smoothly alternate pick it. Hard to explain but just try it.

Keep practicing string skipping, your brain will get used to the positions of each string and you will be able to do it without hitting the wrong strings etc.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Last edited by falconthefirst at Sep 23, 2009,
tbh, bucket head probably plays all the notes on one string. Have you seen the length of his fingers?
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by pigeonmafia
tbh, bucket head probably plays all the notes on one string. Have you seen the length of his fingers?

Probably. He's crazy.

But in response to TS, one thing that might help is to change the E on the 12th fret to the 7th fret of the A string and the G to the 10th fret of the A string. Then the hardest part is just stretching to the 14th and there's no string skipping. But other than that, I would just straight alternate pick it.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
You can also hybrid pick it. You alternate pick everything except you use your middle finger or any finger on your right hand on the 14's
Whaaaat!!!!!!