ive recently gone back to school for year 9 and ive noticed the amout of homework is insain! me and my friends are complaining to the school because i have no time for myself because im doing clubs which i love then homework which i learn NOTHING from, im staying up late to finish it and its jsut mad. In my letter i would like to have some facts to back me up so does anyone know any research done into homework and if it actually helps at all?
Quote by Tedis1111
ive recently gone back to school for year 9 and ive noticed the amout of homework is insain! me and my friends are complaining to the school because i have no time for myself because im doing clubs which i love then homework which i learn NOTHING from, im staying up late to finish it and its jsut mad. In my letter i would like to have some facts to back me up so does anyone know any research done into homework and if it actually helps at all?

Such as the fact that part of the reason you're staying up late is because instead of doing homework, you're complaining on an internet forum?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
inb4 Cool story bro

Homeworks does help dude. you practice the stuff your learned in class so just do it
THIS IS MY SIG. BE JEALOUS.
Errrm, homework helps you to learn and remember what you're taught? And if you're in the UK year nine is piss easy.

stratkat
How much time do you spend on homework daily?
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
it only gets worse HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by salrap10
inb4 Cool story bro

Homeworks does help dude. you practice the stuff your learned in class so just do it

This. I'm taking the hardest math class at school, and I cannot stress enough just how much homework helps with understanding everything.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Quote by Tedis1111

Clearly it's not enough, though.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I go to school at 7:00 and come back at 3:00. I do homework until about six. Its so stupid its like a 11 hour school day and when I have wrestling I get home at 5 do homework until 7 or 8 eat dinner take a shower and by the time im done i go to sleep
im not saying its fun buit it helps with some subjects, it is absolutely necesarry in maths because you need to enforce the techniques and methods

and year 9 is kinda not as much work as yr 13 but i do suck at actually doing any homework
i hope its not language arts, cause if it is based on your thread,you fail
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
the homework we get is insain, they say spend half an hour then give u a detention for not finishing it when it needs like 2 hours to finish it, im in top set, im gifted in several subjects so its not like im dum + my friends all think the same, half of it is crap anyway like copying a sentence from german to englsih when we wrote the translation in class or doing throwing a bunch of pics together, its either useless or insainly long
Quote by Tedis1111
the homework we get is insain, they say spend half an hour then give u a detention for not finishing it when it needs like 2 hours to finish it, im in top set, im gifted in several subjects so its not like im dum + my friends all think the same, half of it is crap anyway like copying a sentence from german to englsih when we wrote the translation in class or doing throwing a bunch of pics together, its either useless or insainly long

I'm sorry, but you're clearly not proving any points this way.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Quote by Tedis1111

Oh come on
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Tedis1111
It shows.

Seriously, it's year 9, stop complaining. You don't even need to do SATs anymore.

stratkat
Quote by Tedis1111

If you misspell "insane" again I will e-slap you
Quote by Tedis1111

It shows.

If you think your freshman year in high school is bad, wait till you get to college, kid.
Quote by betrayedloyalty
I go to school at 7:00 and come back at 3:00. I do homework until about six. Its so stupid its like a 11 hour school day and when I have wrestling I get home at 5 do homework until 7 or 8 eat dinner take a shower and by the time im done i go to sleep

your done with homework by six? get over yourself. I haven't been in bed before one in the morning all this week.
Quote by Tedis1111

I'm suprised they even allow you to do German, considerng your English skills...

As I said allready, deal with it. It's there to help you..
Quote by Tedis1111

I'm guna be a pain and say they're all skills for later life Just do it, half the people in the pit have got past year 9 and survived.
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
K, I will just be kind and close this and stop everyone from making fun of you...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish