For the longest time, I have been insisting that I should get a new amp.
My mom, finally said that she'll give me an amp for Christmas and she'll try to save as much as she can.
I asked her how much and she said a good 400-500 dollars.
Anyone know which brands are pretty good?
Which amp would you recommend that's within the price range?
It has to be an amp that would be good for playing shows, like backyards and small venues.

thanks!!
Genres you like/play?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
peavey valveking 112
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
if you want alot of versatility get a flextone, for metal try out a B-52 AT, or Randalls. Fender Hot Rod, or blues junior, for good cleans and maybe some low gain mellow classic rock type stuff. Peavey Valveking is a pretty decent all around amp, not quite the right fit if your into super heavy stuff though. For great cleans to good dirty tones, maybe even thrash with a boost check out the Peavey Classic 30

dont be turned off by something people dont mention in this forum there are alot of decent amps out there, these are just a few of them, the more you try the better
Last edited by kurtebirdi at Sep 23, 2009,
can you go used? if so what is your location?
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
randall? just a decent tube amp
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King