Hi, i'm new here, please be gentle

i'm trying to find a guitar that only has a few features.

i just play for fun, i'm far from waht you'd call a "good" guitar player. but i enjoy messing around with it, pretending i can play. playing mostly rhythm sections from my favorite metal/punk songs.

- budget friendly, around $500 or less (don't mind spending a bit more to find the right one though)

- 1 humbucker pickup in the bridge (if it has a second pickup in the neck, it's OK, but i'd prefer it not to be there if possible)

- no tremolo

- neck through body

- thin neck, my fingers are not flexible enough to play properly an a thick wide neck.

- need to still sound good when occasionally tuned down.

- body style needs to look like a guitar, noting crazy like an explorer, flying V, warlock, etc... or any other "evil" looking guitar.

- if it comes with a crap pickup, that's OK, i have a nice one to put in it already

something like this ESP MFA-600, but without the $1000 price tag.

thanks!
J.
You're not gonna find a neck-through for under $500 bro. Sorry.

EDIT: At least, not a decent one. I just remembered those crappy agathis-bodied LTD's for like $400.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Last edited by JagerSlushy at Sep 23, 2009,
GIYF... I know of no Guitar to match those specifics at a low budget... Specially a through neck...
that thing is 1000$! for a 1 pickup guitar with no added features! rip off...

anyway, sounds like an epiphone SG would be good, 2 HB, no tremelo, and not sure about the body, looks pretty sweet to, never actually played one...
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
OK... i'll be more realistic... set neck instead

as for the epiphone SG... i currently have a ESP LTD viper 301 (black with gold colored hardware). which is basically, and SG body style, with two pickups. i'd like something that looks slightly different than what i currently have. maybe i should have mentioned that in my first post.

keep the suggestions coming! appreciate it!

J.
so, i spent some time at the local guitar center today. tried out a few guitars, and i really liked this one; it's slightly more expensive than what i wanted to spend, but it looks like it doesn't need any more upgrades.

any opinions about this particular guitar/model?

Schecter Hellraiser C-1

J.
I think the Schecters are damn nice guitars I like them alot and it would really suit your needs what kinda amp do you have?
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Quote by DCarney9116
I think the Schecters are damn nice guitars I like them alot and it would really suit your needs what kinda amp do you have?

i currently have a Traynor YVC20WR, that i'm trying to sell
i'll be getting one of those 5W heads instead, something geared a bit more towards metal than this one, and something a little less loud to play at home.

right now, i'm leaning towards the Blackstar HT-5. i was playing that amp at guitar center, and really liked the sound it has without using any kind of pedal in front of it, and without having to crank the volume up beyond "comfortable"

J.
id get this one if I were you v
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH401NT-ELECTRIC-GUITAR?sku=520114
I love LTD, and they have a way more comfortable neck than schecter's neck. better quality than schecter as well. nearly the same specs too for a bit less expensive.
Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD M-1000 Deluxe w/ FR
Hamer XT-series SATQ
Fender Stratocaster
'75 Fender F-35 Acoustic
Amp
Vox VT15
Pedals
535Q Crybaby Wah
Quote by jurgenph
i just play for fun, i'm far from waht you'd call a "good" guitar player. but i enjoy messing around with it, pretending i can play. playing mostly rhythm sections from my favorite metal/punk songs.

Sounds like guitar hero is more suited for you... It should cost far less then a real guitar.

Im kinda confused by this pretending i can play statement... You seem to have no drive to want to get better. If you buy a guitar you might get over it two weeks and then leave it in the closet or put it on ebay.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

I think some BC Rich guitars are Neck through in the lower price ranges and I know a few of them just have one pick up but I guess there shapes aren't your style. But you could always do a kit guitar and set it up how you wanted it they are usually cheap
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
Schecter Hellrasier would be a good choice. You could possibly get a Jackson DKMG with a fixed bridge for around your budget.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Quote by Tatsumaru
Sounds like guitar hero is more suited for you... It should cost far less then a real guitar.

Im kinda confused by this pretending i can play statement... You seem to have no drive to want to get better. If you buy a guitar you might get over it two weeks and then leave it in the closet or put it on ebay.
You're making a mountain out of a molehill. The OP simply trying to humble themself so they doesn't appear arrogant. Calm down.
Quote by GorillaSalsa
You're making a mountain out of a molehill. The OP simply trying to humble themself so they doesn't appear arrogant. Calm down.

exactly... i suck at guitar hero my 8 year old cousins absolutely destroyed me on it last time i visited them.

but i'm not "perform live with a band material". i just enjoy playing the songs that i like in the comfort of my own home.

J.
Last edited by jurgenph at Sep 27, 2009,