I know amps are a huge amount of tone, but i don't have 3,000 dollars to spend on some Mesa/boogie stuff.

Does anyone know if I could get a near-August Burns Red sound with a Mesa/Boogie Single rectifier through an Epi. Jr Valve cab? Or maybe through a Blackheart BH-112? I know I can't get ABR's exact tone with this set-up, but do you think it would be close? Or even suitable for metal core?

If I get this, though, I could probably only afford the Ibanez RG3EXFM1 or some other $350 guitar. I guess anything is a step-up from my current gear though. My limit is $1100 and I really need a new guitar, but I don't want it's sound to be compromised.

Anyways, thanks for all help!
Quote by ABRfan
I know amps are a huge amount of tone, but i don't have 3,000 dollars to spend on some Mesa/boogie stuff.

Does anyone know if I could get a near-August Burns Red sound with a Mesa/Boogie Single rectifier through an Epi. Jr Valve cab? Or maybe through a Blackheart BH-112? I know I can't get ABR's exact tone with this set-up, but do you think it would be close? Or even suitable for metal core?

If I get this, though, I could probably only afford the Ibanez RG3EXFM1 or some other $350 guitar. I guess anything is a step-up from my current gear though. My limit is $1100 and I really need a new guitar, but I don't want it's sound to be compromised.

rofl are you kidding me? it will sound horrible
you can easily get a used mesa rectoverb which would be perfect, that or an engl thunder 50
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
If you put that kind of a price cap on and then say you don't want to compromise sound you will be disappointed with what you get. The 6505 is a good suggestion though. The 1x12 combo is going for 600 at guitar centers web site. That will leave you with 400 for a guitar. I would consider the other 100 for taxes and such. Which wont be bad because you can get an extension cab later. I don't know if that will be enough for gigs though.

I would think you would want to get a distortion and compression/sustainer pedal as well. I don't do metal core so I don't know what you would want for that.
"Blood is thicker then stripper sweat."
-Ballsuckulus "aka Marc Justus"
yah the 6505 combo is straight up on the money for the sound you're going for. unless you can model your spider in a way that will give you that sound (the meshuggah setting is pretty cool). other than that you will need a guitar - look used
It's all about feel
Just did all the calculations, and if I got the Peavey 6505 combo, I would have about $448 left over for an amp, so basically $400 for a guitar. Great estimization charles!

With that, I would probably put it towards the Ibanez RG3EXFM1 or the RGA32, depending on whether I go passives or actives. Is it easier to go from actives to passives, or vice versa?
valve jr/blackheart would NEVER do metal like that.

You could check out Bugera, Peavey clones but pretty cheap and pretty loud.
Try a B-52 also, I have heard great things.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Fryette Deliverance 120 w/ Mesa/Boogie 4x12

/thread
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
they use a 6505 on the constellations album
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ABRfan

No, don't do that. that won't be good. JB basically only uses a 5150. Brent uses a VHT of some sort, I'm not sure of the exact model, and they both use Mesa cabs. If you can afford a used 5150 and a Mesa 2x12, that'll work. If not, a 5150 combo should do the trick
Quote by mcrfobtai
No, don't do that. that won't be good. JB basically only uses a 5150. Brent uses a VHT of some sort, I'm not sure of the exact model, and they both use Mesa cabs. If you can afford a used 5150 and a Mesa 2x12, that'll work. If not, a 5150 combo should do the trick

Its a Deliverance 120...as I stated above....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Its a Deliverance 120...as I stated above....

Oh I didn't see that. I've been wondering about that for a while. Thanks dude