Got my American Lonestar Strat today! Love it so far. It is actually my first electric guitar which I own, as I've been using my friends Squire Tele for awhile now (he doesn't care, hes got better guitars). Now I need to get a tube amp and I'll be set! Since I'm already typing this, what are some tube amps that I should look out for? My price range is going to be around $500. I don't need a a huge amount of built in effects. Anyways, here is some pictures of the guitar!

Last edited by Bguitarify at Sep 23, 2009,
Purty, HNGD!

And I'd advise you to take the amp question to the Guitar Gear and Accessories section, they'll be a great help, just make sure and let 'em know what genre's you play, what the amp will be used for (bed room practice, band practice, gigs, etc.) and if you're willing to go used.
Quote by laxduck
Purty, HNGD!

And I'd advise you to take the amp question to the Guitar Gear and Accessories section, they'll be a great help, just make sure and let 'em know what genre's you play, what the amp will be used for (bed room practice, band practice, gigs, etc.) and if you're willing to go used.

Ok, thanks for the suggestion. I'll do that soon!
amazing! That colour combo is really starting to grow on me. HNGD!
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Quote by kckyle
wow is that the model before fender discontinued it? if so, MAJOR KUDOS TO YOU!

Yup, it's a 1997 Lonestar, and supposedly they stopped making the American ones in that same year. Discontinued now!
Wow, classy! Now just replace the chrome hardware with gold and you've got my favorite Strat overall color combination.

HNGD! Also, to know what kind of amp you should get, you'll want to post the genres you like to play.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
****! Thats sexy as hell!!! HNGD!!!

Blackheart for blues

Blackstar rock rock

Vox Night train for good cleans, vox rock, and passible modern rock
Yeah, I play everything but I enjoy playing blues the most. Between blues and rock (not too heavy). I'll guess I'll take a look at the Blackheart. Thanks for the help guys!
Bee ee a utiful How much if I might ask $$ for the Strat
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
Quote by Bguitarify
Yeah, I play everything but I enjoy playing blues the most. Between blues and rock (not too heavy). I'll guess I'll take a look at the Blackheart. Thanks for the help guys!

Do you gig or just play at home?

Congrats on the lonestar.
Quote by halfstacked
Bee ee a utiful How much if I might ask $$ for the Strat

Thanks! It cost around $850 Canadian.

Quote by gregs1020
Do you gig or just play at home?

Congrats on the lonestar.

I play at home mostly, but would prefer something that is good for both. I do play with friends often so I never know what might come up.