Hi guys.
So, I have an electric Ibanez guitar. Years ago, it had a whammy bar installed, but of course, I lost the damn bar. Recently, I decided I missed it, and bought a new tremolo arm. Here's my question:
Since the thing was previously installed, do I just have to remove the strings, put the whammy bar in the hole, then restring the guitar?
You don't need to restring it to put the bar back in place.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Uhh. You've confused me. I was unaware that reattaching a tremolo arm required anything except just screwing it back in/on.

Surely the hole it goes in to is available on the guitar as it is?
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Oh. Well, when I tried to put the bar back in place with the strings on, it wouldn't work- the thing just falls right out, lol.
I'm probably being a total moron, but is there a specific way I'm suppose to screw it in or something?

And thanks for replying so fast, by the way. =)
Quote by Emmery
Oh. Well, when I tried to put the bar back in place with the strings on, it wouldn't work- the thing just falls right out, lol.
I'm probably being a total moron, but is there a specific way I'm suppose to screw it in or something?

And thanks for replying so fast, by the way. =)

that you are, it should not have anything to do with your strings. It would help if we knew what model your guitar was so we can identify which tremelo system you had. Also you have to make sure you buy a trem arm that actually is compatible with threading into your bridge.
FS LTD EC-50 with GFS PowerRails Bridge pickup
Wait. Are you sure you bought the right arm for your bridge?

From what I've experienced, I've seen two types of tremolo arms. Ones that screw in, and ones that screw on. You might have bought the wrong one.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
You have the wrong size bar, that's all there is to it.
Originally posted by Beatallica_fan
next weeks installment, John tells us of the time he played in a band with Elvis's drummers, second cousins mother on harmonica and they invented grunge.
Quote by Glimsom
Wait. Are you sure you bought the right arm for your bridge?

From what I've experienced, I've seen two types of tremolo arms. Ones that screw in, and ones that screw on. You might have bought the wrong one.

Theres also push in ones. They're usually pretty crappy though.
Oh, okay then! That makes sense, I just got the wrong bar. :p
Thanks so much guys, haha. <3