Hi all –

Guitar Center is the focus of a class-action lawsuit and I thought you might be interested in how the national retailer is harming customers and squashing competition.

I work with a law firm that’s filed a lawsuit against Guitar Center, claiming they made unlawful agreements to raise the prices of fretted instruments for consumers. The lawsuit alleges Guitar Center conspired with the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) to monopolize the market by fixing retail pricing and engaging in anti-competitive agreements with manufacturers.

This brings all kinds of issues to consumers and competitors, most importantly fixed pricing on instruments.

This suit represents anyone who purchased a fretted instrument (acoustic and electric guitars, banjos, violins) between Jan. 1, 2005 and Dec. 31, 2007.

You can learn more or contact attorneys at www.hbsslaw.com/guitarcenter.
cool story bro
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
Just buy your guitar online and then you wont have to pay a stupid premium?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
sooo do we get a part of the class action law suit?
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
oh shi-

*go warns mah GC*

WTFdit:
*serious question*
I bought my Epiphone Les Paul at December 22 07.
what am i getting at this lawsuit?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Sep 23, 2009,
Why from 05-07?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by CoreysMonster
violins are not fretted instruments. I smell a troll.

you win.
It's all about feel
sounds pretty made up to me. guitar center couldn't raise all "fretted musical instrument prices" by themselves, or even with the help of NAMM. they'd be out of business in a month or two. people would buy from local stores, online retailers, ebay.

and how would that "squash the competition?" sam ash would have a field day selling to GC's angry customers. sounds like a bunch of bull**** to me.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip