Yo i have a Fender Strat,which is "ok" but not great for metal,you guys know any good amp settings
It'd be great for metal if you put an SD Hot Rails in the bridge. Mine works great that way. Depends on what kind of metal, though, as far as your settings go. High mids and lows/highs at about 1 o clock will give you a good classic metal ish sound, high bass/treble and low mids will give you a vintage metallica/pantera-esque sound.

I used to leave my tone controls at 2 o'clock - all of them - when I did thrash.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Conformist
Drive 10 Bass 10 Middle 10 Treble 10. Have fun =]

This, except Middle 0.
I use a bass amp to get a more clarified low sound but anyway..

Bass max, Gain depends on song, treble about 2 o'clock, Mids about 12 o'clock, presence (if you have it) about 9 o'clock.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by Skulltair
Yo i have a Fender Strat,which is "ok" but not great for metal,you guys know any good amp settings

amp settings wont make up for the single coil output.

anyways, try using these

Bass: 6-8
Mid: 4-6 (adjust to taste)
Treble: 6-8

Gain: 6-8.

you might need to use more gain tho because of the single coils. dont use too much gain, its a noobs way of covering up all the sloppiness.
wasent there a sticky or thread that had most metal bands and their amp settings? ive been trying to find it but cant
Quote by voleurz
stick it in the butt and pee
volume 11
gain 11
treble 11
middle 11
bass 11
present 11
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Volume - 10
Gain - 10
Bass - 10
Mids - 0
Treble - 0
Presence - 10
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by __Pent__
This, except Middle 0.

.. Uhm. no
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
Quote by Skulltair

TS, what amp are you using????