Page 1 of 2
What amps/effects made now do you think will be legendary pieces of craftsmanship in the next 40 years, like the Mesa Boogie Mark I's and Vox AC30's of old?
Budda Superdrive
Soldano SLO
Bogner Uberschall
Randall RM
Fractal Audio Axe-FX
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Basically the boutique stuff, everything is so mass produced nowdays its not funny. The reason vintage items can demand such a high price is due to supply and demand... theres just not massive amounts of them floating around. all in all, it depends who the biggest rock star is in 30 years time and what they're using.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Last edited by R.D at Sep 23, 2009,
Soldano SLO, but they're all pretty much the same sound (from the early ones to the current ones), so "vintage" doesn't really matter.

I think the 65 Amps will be classic, but again, I doubt they're going to change their amp recipes anytime soon, so again, vintage won't matter because the newer ones will still sound just as great. There will be new models, I'm sure.

I don't think amp manufacturers will discontinue any models that continue to sell well (which would eventually make them prized vintage pieces). Things are much different today, with hundreds of amp makers instead of a dozen like the old days, so the whole premise of what will be considered vintage is probably not even realistic.
The only way that would change is if everyone suddenly wants modeling amps (if the modeling technology advances to the point where no one can tell the differences listening to models or the real thing).
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Dr.Z amps... all of them.

Yeah, this brings up an interesting point. The hand-made amps that are made individually by one guy (I'm not sure if that's still the case w/ Dr Z [Mike Zaite]) have the most potential to become classic valuable vintage pieces. If the amp maker dies (like Ken Fischer of Trainwreck), the amps could potentially become ridiculously priced, & cork sniffers will always create a market for amps over $10,000 US. Even if Fischer had allowed someone else to continue making Trainwreck Amps, we all know they wouldn't be the same as if Ken made them himself. Sort of like buying an original Van Gogh painting vs a virtually identical original painted by someone else.

Edit: ^^ joe_k congrats, man!!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Sep 23, 2009,
I'd say Fulltone should become "vintage" mainly for the OCD probably
Quote by ProfDrum
Blackstar HT-5
Orange TT
Squire Classic Vibe series
I will bet you my guitar and amp that none of those will ever command any serious value in the future.
Quote by al112987
I will bet you my guitar and amp that none of those will ever command any serious value in the future.

+1

Unless the world ends up semi-dystopian.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by al112987

tiny terror might. the others wont
Boogie Rectifiers (Revolutionary tone in the 90's up to now)
Diezels (The new definition of hi-fi high gain tone)
VHTs (Similar in reasoning to the Diezels)
Randall RM Series/Egnater Modular Series (Revolutionary not in a sense of tone, but amp dynamics)
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
All I can see being a vintage collectible is the Mesa/Boogie Mark IV. I mean, look at the prices of the Mark IIC+.
^ I think the III is better than the IV, and the III is worth less than the IV.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Vintage instruments are like vintage cars, it's simply what you have to make do with at the time, but down the road it is legendary for some strange reason.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by Raijouta
^ I think the III is better than the IV, and the III is worth less than the IV.

Doesn't matter what you think unless you're buying one

Teh III is priced the way it is because it's simply 'Used'. We're talking in the scope of 40 years from now. I think the III will definitely demand high prices in the future, but not as much as the IV, mainly because of the records associated with the IV.
^ Yeah, I know, but the only real great thing on the IV is the Lead channel, which, I guess, could be the reason why it'd be worth so much.

Or, like you said, because of the milestones associated with the IV.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
tiny terror might. the others wont

No.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
No.

why not? its recieved nothing but praise. remember that a lot of those tiny little amps with big sound usually DO become classics. you don't believe me?

that thing is not just a classic, it is a legend. and the tiny terror is a somewhat modern equivalent
Quote by Raijouta
Budda Superdrive
Soldano SLO
Bogner Uberschall
Randall RM
Fractal Audio Axe-FX

+1000 man, good answer lol. Yeah all of the above, but what about super vintage like trainwreck amps in the future?
Originally Posted by Spachula
So my band recently played our first gig, and it actually went great. There was only one problem though....
My band is pissed at me now for wearing a banana costume while I performed.

Squier Classic Vibe series. Trust me, it'll be like the Vista series.
Quote by VanTheKraut
No.

the TT is crap.

the rocker/verb might
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
soursound will be very sought after.

i hope my old sunn cab and marshall lead 100 mosfet from 82 matter eventually haha but prbly not. i think the only things that will be really considered vintage is stuff handmade or already considered vintage today.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Quote by Cholas
I was going to say the high-end Line 6 modelling stuff, but technology will get better and they'll look relatively outdated, so maybe not.

^Ah yes, but doesnt that mean vintage?

. I tend to agree though.
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
you have to look at some good amps that were discontinued for various reasons. vox AC50 AC100 the ones with the marshall channel built in. anything mesa thats not currently in production. mesa doesn't reissue anything. when they are gone, theyre gone. I really thought the AD5 was rare until orange reissued it and cashed in on the collector market. bastards. the zvex nano head will eventually stop being made since zach has all the remaining NOS mini vacum tubes to make the thing.

P.S. nothing from squier, or blackstar, or orange made in china will EVER be worth more than what you paid. not only is it mediocre china product but its mass produced. what a noob.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Defs Orange Tiny Terror, even more so the handwired version.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I kinda think the classic vibes might be. And the TT is a great amp IMO. And if its ever discontinued it will be a classic 20 some odd years later.
Quote by fullsailstudent
since when did they make a handwired TT? I didn't know.

Unveiled Summer NAMM I believe. They call it "hard" wired, no idea why.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
ohhhhhhhh snap. yeah thats gonna be collectible if they stop making it long enough to jack the used price up. them out of nowhere............WHAM they start selling new ones for a bit less than the vintage ones but still more than what its worth. just like the AD5. unless orange goes out of buisness, its over speculating.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
The Orange OR50 will become a legend some years down.
Older Diezel Vh4's (blue faces) as well as herberts.
The Mesa Mark V is already setup to be a collectible item.
Probably the pod 1 since it will be considered a relic, and who knows, it might still sound good.
Bogner ubershalls will become the thing of legends once they run out or stop making them.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by riffhog
I don't think amp manufacturers will discontinue any models that continue to sell well (which would eventually make them prized vintage pieces).

Mesa does it all the time. It makes for either finding great deals on super nice amps or overlypriced deals on nice amps
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Well if digitech make a new whammy pedal then the current ones (like the ones from the 90s) will be sought after because people always claim stuff is better if its older.

It's mental, i can't hear any difference between an old whammy and the new one and the new one has midi capability at least yet people insist the older sounds 'warmer' /!?!! They're both digital ffs xD it's just pitch shifting!
Quote by ze monsta
Paul C's Timmy/Tim
Devi Ever
Death By Audio
Dwarfcraft
Barber
Empress
Z.Vex
Catalinbread
Lovetone
Lovepedal
Malekko (I see a day when the Spring Chicken will be insanely expensive)
Dr Scientist

Why is it the spring chickens are so sought after? S: It's just a basic spring reverb... i mean don't a lot of amps have that built in anyway? I know a lot of marshalls do
Page 1 of 2