hey guys, im doing my senior research paper on media stereotypes and mainstream hypocrisy/bigotry. for example like how mtv will show rap videos with things that promote sex, drugs, gang violence, and racial sterotyping but won't show metal videos because they "promote violence". like what happened when they banned the music video for A tout le monde because they claimed it was "pro-suicide" without having found out what the song was really about.

if you guys can give me some ideas or examples of things like that happening, i'd greatly appreciate it.
You just answered your question: MTV.

oh and look closely at kids' TV shows; they promote stereotypes such as skaters, rappers, etc.
I just assumed they didn't show metal because it is god awful.

That's right. Come get me.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by SteveHouse
Mainstream bigotry you say?

Why does everyone seem to attack Fox news?
Quote by joshua122593

Why does everyone seem to attack Fox news?

Mainstream bigotry, he asks. I deliver. Seriously, just watch their commentators. At least MSNBC doesn't put up this whole show of being "fair and balanced" (that I know of).

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Kind of more on the Rap v metal thing......Everyone always says stuff like "Dude how can you understand what they're saying? How can you like something you cant understand?" and I say "Can you understand every word of rap music?"
Needs a new sig

Scandanavian Metal > American Thrash/Groove> Everything Else

Gear:
Jackson JS32T Kelly
Ibanez RG120
RavenRG60
Boss Metal Zone
you can also use the michael jackson example
the media was making fun of him, as usual, weeks before his death, saying he was crazy, he dressed like crap and stuff like that
week he died they were like: ooooh we looove him, he was the best guy ever, we supported him in everything....hypocrites
There is a very thin line between an artist... and a serial killer
Quote by Venice King

Now that you have insulted metal, you must look into THE EYES!

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Venice King

I.....I can't believe i let you lure me to your bed just mere months ago.....

well actually i can, because your incredibly sexy and have a HUGE.....

.....Red Hot Chili Peppers Memorbilia collection
How about how Jimi Hendrix is never mentioned in any "top 100" countdowns of african americans when he is probably THE most important person in rock music. All because his music doesnt fit the mold of what "influential black americans" should be associated with.
Quote by Dr. Koolaide
How about how Jimi Hendrix is never mentioned in any "top 100" countdowns of african americans when he is probably THE most important person in rock music. All because his music doesnt fit the mold of what "influential black americans" should be associated with.

This makes no sense and does not seem relevant.