so i play my blue deluxe which i got for my Bday,and after a while,i lean over to change the setting.....

I smell smoke/burning

its really faint,like barely

is that normal? or something is happening inside?
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
look at the tubes/ wiring.

then look around your room if you diddnt find anything wrong on the amp
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
is that normal that tube smell after i use it?
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
It could be oils from the skin burning up on the glass of the tube. Nothing to worry about unless the amp stops functioning, or the smell gets stronger.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
the amp still shaking paint off the wall but is there any other possibility?

thank
Quote by angusfan16
its not too uncommon on valve amps and it isnt anything too sinister. as long as it isnt full on smoking it should be fine.
Quote by TheFunkyAvocado
its not too uncommon on valve amps and it isnt anything too sinister. as long as it isnt full on smoking it should be fine.

...Or you could go Angus Young on it... play it 'til it quits.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
if its new the smell is normal for a little while, it will go away in time
my current amp smeeld bad for months until i got her worked in good
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
its a used amp so i wanna make sure its working

should i bring it to a tech?

and how much would they charge to check out the amp?
Quote by angusfan16
^most places just charge a flat bench fee if they're just checking on it...between 35-70 USD usually. If they find something wrong, they'll usually tell you how much on top of the bench fee it'll be to fix it.

If all your tubes are glowing the same brightness (i.e. not hot plating), and the amp sounds fine...and you don't see smoke...I wouldn't worry about it. But better safe than sorry I guess
should i keep this amp and try to figure out whats wrong or return it and get another one?
Quote by angusfan16
Quote by The_Bosstone
How can you troll Craigslist?

And just get it checked out and see what they have to say.

By posting add like Ibanez jem for $200,Mesa boogies triple recto for $400
Quote by angusfan16
Is it really smoke you smell? Because with my Twin Reverb when I get my head close to it I can smell something that isn't like anything else I can think of. It's the smell of tubes working.
Quote by The_Bosstone
How can you troll Craigslist?

Trolling has two definitions.

The intended definition would be you browse Craigslist obsessively, like trolling (or trawling) for fish.

The other would be posting obscenely low prices on things and not taking calls on them.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
did you forget to take any wrappings off the tubes?

or maybe there was padding inside that wasnt removed or you forgot to check for?

or maybe its just because the tubes are new and probably havent been to operating temprature for long periods of time before.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ