My neck has been bended a little bit, so I used truss rod thingy to straighten it and nothing happened. I was turning it the correct way, nothing happened. I could do it over and over agian and it won't straighten
well for one i would stop turning it before you warp the wood or crack the neck, two let it sit in between adjustments usually it takes about 10-15 for the wood to completely set itself right again, if its a major adjustment i would recommend letting it sit for a day or so to see how it goes, you may have already broken the truss rod, and for the record you don't want your neck completely straight, it should have a slight bend in it
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends
Quote by Holysorrow
well for one i would stop turning it before you warp the wood or crack the neck, two let it sit in between adjustments usually it takes about 10-15 for the wood to completely set itself right again, if its a major adjustment i would recommend letting it sit for a day or so to see how it goes, you may have already broken the truss rod, and for the record you don't want your neck completely straight, it should have a slight bend in it

WHich way should the bend go? Bow or hump?
Bow, a hump would cause more buzz but before you just go cranking on it again, watch some youtube vides on it do some research or take it to a professional at your local music store

there are a couple common ways to figure out just how much is needed check out youtube trust me
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends
click the green link in my sig.

you need to fret the first fret on the Low E and at the same time,
fret the last fret on the Low E, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, look at the middle frets 7-9th.

if the string lays on the fretwire there, then you dont have enough bend.
if you can fit more than a credit card under there, then you might have too much bend.

measure and repost.

also, make sure you are adjusting the bridge first for action adjustments.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011