i just got some new gibson vintage reissue guitar strings (10-46 gauge) as I was playing a really nice Gibson SG in a guitar store and those were the strings on it so i wanted to get the strings cuz they had a nice feel.

currently I have D'Addario Blues/Jazz Rock strings on my Epiphone Les Paul Custom and I am thinking about changing the strings to Gibson.

Is it a good idea or are gibson strings not that good?
RAW POWER
pretty overpriced strings IMO

try GHS boomers
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
This is going to quickly degenerate into one of those "Well, in my opinion...." threads, so, I'm going to put my two cents in before it gets too crazy . Well, in my opinion, DR strings are unbeatable. I've been playing the nickel wound 11's for a good three years now, ever since I first tried them out and I haven't looked back. As for the Gibsons, well... meh. That's about all I have to say about those.
those are what came on my les paul. i love them, since then their all i been stringing my guitars with
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
Both D'Addario and GHS have issues, in my experience. GHS strings go dead for me VERY quickly, and D'Addarios go out of tune even after they've been stretched to hell and back. I've rocked Ernie Ball Beefy Slinkies for years now, and they get the job done. I've tried Gibson strings, and honestly they were nothing special. They were passable strings, but for my guitar(s), they just didnt' really have any outstanding qualities, FWIW.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
My guitar came with Gibson strings. I wasn't all that impressed, and changed them out with some Elixirs.

If you like the sound and feel you get out of Gibson strings, then keep with it. If not, experiment with some different strings. I tried D'Addario, Dean Markley and Ernie Ball before I finally found what I wanted with Elixir.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Okay i really doubt many of the people that have posted or will post have owned Gibson strings on multiple guitars. I bought 5 sets over the summer while trying out strings and what i can say is they give to much high end and the make fret buzz stant out more. I found I like dunlop 10's more.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.