I just bought a DiMarzio Evo2 bridge pickup for my guitar, know the basics about soldering. But the instructions with it are alittle weird.

The instructions say: "Solder the BLACK and WHITE wires together. Cover the solder connection with tape so it does not touch any other part of the circuit."

I know where all the other wires go, but do I just solder the black and white wires together, tape it...and that's it?
for a full output Evo2, yes. you wire one end to hot and the other wire to ground and if there's a bare wire, you wire that to ground too.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
the black and white wires are simply soldered and taped up, yes. they would be used if you wanted to coil split the pickup. (which im assuming you dont)
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Yeah, just strip them a bit, tin both wires, clamp them together in a soldering jig and it should just take a second or two of heat to get them together. Electrical tape or heat shrink tubing is great for covering the bare wire.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
Quote by Blut
I just bought a DiMarzio Evo2 bridge pickup for my guitar, know the basics about soldering. But the instructions with it are alittle weird.

The instructions say: "Solder the BLACK and WHITE wires together. Cover the solder connection with tape so it does not touch any other part of the circuit."

I know where all the other wires go, but do I just solder the black and white wires together, tape it...and that's it?
Maybe. Depends on the guitar. For some that's it, for others you need to connect the Black/White pair to a lug on the pickup selector. Since you didn't specify what guitar you have ...
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I'm changing the pickup of an Ibanez RG 470L, it has h/s/h but will mostly be using the evo2

...just soldered the black and white, taped up and tried it out, sounds great on my Marshall amp, don't even need to use effects pedals now...thanks for the input
Quote by Blut
I'm changing the pickup of an Ibanez RG 470L, it has h/s/h but will mostly be using the evo2

...just soldered the black and white, taped up and tried it out, sounds great on my Marshall amp, don't even need to use effects pedals now...thanks for the input
For a RG 470L, the correct wiring is to have the Black/White pair soldered to the terminal where the White of the old pickup went.

http://www.ibanez.com/support/wiring/RG470L.gif
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Thanks for the diagram...I soldered the black and white on, there's a huge difference in the pickups evo2 is crystal clear...and the stock pickups just sound like garbage. will upgrade those later on