Well, yah see, I was having trouble around here (being no bands that need guitarists or for that matter, people I wanna play with in general) finding a bunch of people to play with and maybe putting a band together.

I had no where left to turn but UG.

Anyway. So, my buddy Joey is in this band Malodorous (http://www.myspace.com/malodorousmetal), and he said my best bet would probably be to look into starting an online band. So, I figure, I'll try here first, being like-minded individuals interested in music.

The current lineup that I have secured is
Me (Guitars)
Tim Apgar (Guitars)
_______ Bass
_______ Drums
_______ Vox

Anyone interested?

We're gonna post a little bit of a song we wrote back in our old band, then y'all can just go to my profile, check out the song, jam to it and layer it under, and then send it back to me or something.

If you get that far, you might as well hit it up with me anyway, and I'll give you an email to send the stuff to.

Finally, however, is our style.

I almost want to label it as Progressive Thrash, or maybe just hard rock. I'm unsure. Tim and I play a lot of music, from Guns N Roses to Metallica to Judas Priest to Nevermore- so we're a bit diverse.

Anyway, if you're interested, post a reply.

Thanks guys and girls
-V
Last edited by Gh057 at Sep 23, 2009,
Quote by Ekofu
I'd possibly be interested for the Bass spot. Just give me a message or email with the clip and extra info.

Bmxr4326@hotmail.com

Awesome, I'll mail it to you or send a message as soon as we have something worthy of note recorded. Maybe this weekend or sooner.
well (i posted in the other thread too) i could do some vox. i could also make some drum tracks if there is no drummer. I mainly play guitar (and would be interested in throwing ideas at ya even if i dont play guitar for the online band), but i do love a good screaming session. i guess depends what you want out of a vocalist. let me know man.

my singing voice isnt half bad (but you will be the judge), so if its more on the aggresive side (thrash - death, and anything in between) i would be willing to do vox for sure. if you are looking for more of a raspy/throaty kinda sound i can work with that too. i just wont be the ideal singer if you arent looking for more of an aggresive style.
Last edited by xXMetal-HeadXx at Sep 24, 2009,
Try getting me a track of how your screams sound. Screaming and metal grunting/ grindcore/horrorcore singing all gets grouped into screaming nowadays- but we could certainly use some screaming if nothing else.
Quote by Gh057
Try getting me a track of how your screams sound. Screaming and metal grunting/ grindcore/horrorcore singing all gets grouped into screaming nowadays- but we could certainly use some screaming if nothing else.

ill get you some files ASAP. i am much better at higher screams (not shrieks, exactly). I have been working on my lower end, and it seems to be coming alright. its been a while since i have recorded anything, so hopefully i can get somethign of decent quality (defiantely not using a comp mic, into sound recorder )

yeah, screaming does all get thrown together.
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
ill get you some files ASAP. i am much better at higher screams (not shrieks, exactly). I have been working on my lower end, and it seems to be coming alright. its been a while since i have recorded anything, so hopefully i can get somethign of decent quality (defiantely not using a comp mic, into sound recorder )

yeah, screaming does all get thrown together.

Not shrieks, but screams... maybe similar to that of Avenged Sevenfold's first album sound then? not quite shrieking, but a good metal scream?

And yeah, sound recorder is for scrubs

I personally go through Audacity from hard mic-ing into an altered POD-like program.

I haven't gotten a Line6 POD yet, but I am soon. Very soon.

Work on those clips You sound like you know what you're doing.
Is the drum track emulation nearly authentic? because I do have guitar pro, and I think I'm capable of creating a midi for you to convert.
I can play bass or drums. Actually, I could do everything, but might as well let some other people go for something
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I can play bass or drums. Actually, I could do everything, but might as well let some other people go for something

Drums would be nice. PM your email to me and I'll send you the demo track of what Tim and I threw together-

Personally, I could do bass too (2 years of that between a 5 year and a 2 year stretch of guitar) but these past few years gave lieu to what I love best- and that's guitar.
Quote by Gh057
Is the drum track emulation nearly authentic? because I do have guitar pro, and I think I'm capable of creating a midi for you to convert.

They sound real dude. Meshuggah used this drum program on the Catch 33 album, so if its good enough for a whole album, its going to be good enough for anything.