I play at lower volumes, and am covering some As i Lay dying and Parkway Drive, but just feel the tone is kind of off. I am playing though a Mesa 2x12 dual rec cabient btw

Anyone have any suggestions to tighten and thicken the tone to get a similar tone to that of parkway drive?

Thanks
Od808
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Holy hell it's UG's first case of Alzheimer's, and it's not even with one of the old bl00z guys.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Yeah what's your EQ setting?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by dvm25
haha couldnt find that thread, shouldve searched but laziness + slow comp so i thought id make a more specific one

As for my EQ: Pre at 7, Low at 7, mid at 4, high at 8 presence and resonance = 6 I think

Depending on your guitar, those settings are ripe for fizziness. Using my RG, I roll the High back to 4.5, Pres around 6. Pre never leaves 6, Low is 6, Mid at 6. Crank those mids up there a little bit more. That'll grow your tone some slightly larger balls.
Quote by ConfederateAxe
Depending on your guitar, those settings are ripe for fizziness. Using my RG, I roll the High back to 4.5, Pres around 6. Pre never leaves 6, Low is 6, Mid at 6. Crank those mids up there a little bit more. That'll grow your tone some slightly larger balls.

ok awesome ill try it out

thanks
Well thats all fine and good but you can go to your forum posts on your profile and look at past threads. Try not to double post..... aight?
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

I did the bias mod and I'm very satisfied, I've also moved out of my scooped mids phase. The mids make the amp a lot thicker and smoother, but the bias mod also gave it some warmth and made is sound ever better with mids, nice crunch to it. But I'm more of the Classic Rock player with it than I am a metalhead searching for the br00t41z.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Quote by Ethanb08
I did the bias mod and I'm very satisfied, I've also moved out of my scooped mids phase. The mids make the amp a lot thicker and smoother, but the bias mod also gave it some warmth and made is sound ever better with mids, nice crunch to it. But I'm more of the Classic Rock player with it than I am a metalhead searching for the br00t41z.

I'd like to do the bias mod, but all this talk of filter caps and charges and voltages and stuff has me too chicken to mess with it, and the nearest amp engineering shop wants $165 to do it.
Quote by Ethanb08

The bias mod only helps at higher volumes and actually is less good than non modded 6505 at bedroom volume.

One thing i can highly recommend (but no one will try) is to put a value pedal (compressor in my case) into the fx loop. It gives so much more useable gain without fizzyness or saturation.

Another thing is my speaker wasnt broken in properly and i was very unhappy with the sounds...so now that it is broken in its so smooth and creamy very nice.

Reverb also helps widen the sound and just adds a lot (well my holy grail does anyway)
Recommended threads
ibanez s470
flamingo_
Last post:
by TJM2482
sucks!
xKnifekillerx
Last post:
by 100%guitarmad