Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone has played the Ampeg SVT210AV Micro? I really dont expect it to put out enough juice to gig with but im heading off to college which means SMALL rooms.

I thought about going with small less expensive combo amps like a Behringer Ultrabass3000 but i couldnt bring myself to spend $300 on something that i will never use outside a room, and even then its not a very nice sound.....so i was just wondering if this amp sounds more or less like a bigger cab just without the volume abilities, which is ok with me because im sure my suitemates wont appreciate me blaring my bass on the other side of the wall....

ANY feedback is appreciated ^^
ive played it. It sounds good. And it cranks.

id love to have one but alas im saving for an SVT 3 pro
NO BEHRINGER!!!!!!!!

but, I do suggest an ashdown or a kustom. Especially a kustom. They're beastly loud for the respective wattage, if you want them to be. Has a four band EQ too, instead of the usual 3.

I can't tell you anything about that specific ampeg, but their lower end stuff is pretty crappy (namely BA combos)
Quote by Canadian_basser

but, I do suggest an ashdown or a kustom. Especially a kustom. They're beastly loud for the respective wattage, if you want them to be. Has a four band EQ too, instead of the usual 3.

I can't tell you anything about that specific ampeg, but their lower end stuff is pretty crappy (namely BA combos)

Well i already have a head, so im just looking for a space-friendly cab that sounds good for the price.
Quote by Steve08
Maybe...

This

Or...

This?

I have a question, i've heard of those and i've heard that they're pretty decent but do they work with pedals? I play a lot of acoustic stuff, but i do need to get some distortion in there every once and a while and i was just wondering if those speakers are ok with it...
Quote by EternalAngel
Well i already have a head, so im just looking for a space-friendly cab that sounds good for the price.

Sorry, my bad. I must've read it wrong...

I still stand by ashdown and kustom though Acoustic (haven't actually played one!) is suppoed to make great stuff on a budget.
Don't cheap out and buy some lame micro cab. It just means you gotta spend more in the long run. Save up and buy a nice cab that you won't need to upgrade.
Quote by EternalAngel
I have a question, i've heard of those and i've heard that they're pretty decent but do they work with pedals? I play a lot of acoustic stuff, but i do need to get some distortion in there every once and a while and i was just wondering if those speakers are ok with it...
Pretty much any amp will handle effects fine.
Quote by Zycho
Don't cheap out and buy some lame micro cab. It just means you gotta spend more in the long run. Save up and buy a nice cab that you won't need to upgrade.

Wow...i could not agree with u more, which is why i have in my possession right now a 4X10 cabinet...BUT!!! Like i said, im heading off to college and moving into a very small dorm room and size is a HUGE issue, hehe, no pun intended. I wish i could take my Mesa 4X10 powerhouse with me but alas....i cannot....and college takes a while so i view getting this smaller cab to actually be a good investment, not to mention i can leave it home as my practice cab while the big guns are at the practice room.

It really is between the Ampeg and the Acoustic 1X15 (with horn, which is a plus) but i really think size is gonna be the defining factor and i think the ampeg might win...
Quote by EternalAngel
Wow...i could not agree with u more, which is why i have in my possession right now a 4X10 cabinet...BUT!!! Like i said, im heading off to college and moving into a very small dorm room and size is a HUGE issue, hehe, no pun intended. I wish i could take my Mesa 4X10 powerhouse with me but alas....i cannot....and college takes a while so i view getting this smaller cab to actually be a good investment, not to mention i can leave it home as my practice cab while the big guns are at the practice room.

It really is between the Ampeg and the Acoustic 1X15 (with horn, which is a plus) but i really think size is gonna be the defining factor and i think the ampeg might win...
I've seen one of the Acoustic 1x15s at Guitar Center and I'm about 90% sure it's smaller than one of their combos, if not the same size.
Quote by Steve08
I've seen one of the Acoustic 1x15s at Guitar Center and I'm about 90% sure it's smaller than one of their combos, if not the same size.

The Ampeg im looking at though is a 2X10 and only 13'' Wide and 23'' Tall....its pretty much the smallest thing i've ever seen lol and i like that its vertical and not horizontal, im gonna need the floor space.

Im definitely gonna look into that Acoustic brand in the future though because they're CHEAP!! Which is usually a turnoff, but not with all the good things i've heard about them being Ampeg killers and stuff....
i'm actually planning on getting that 410 cab (with acoustic's head) Steve08 posted as soon as I have enough money (about $600 for cab and head)
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
What about that Acoustic b200. I believe its a 15" speaker, 200 watts, and even a DI out on the back if you want to run it to a PA if you ever do a gig at college.
what a waste of a perfectly good sig.
Any 2x10 should be small enough for your purposes, and I would probably go for a 2x10 rather than a 1x15, because 15s project quite a lot, so you have to be standing quite a way back to hear them at their best, which in a small room isn't ideal. The same applies to 10s, but to a lesser extent.

If you already have a head, at a $300 budget, with at least 200W RMS (that of the Ampeg) alternative 2x10 cabs could be:

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-MAG-210T-2X10-Deep-Bass-Cabinet-with-Tweeter?sku=605031

for +$70

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Nemesis-N210RS8-Extension-Cab.?sku=481817
Attendez la creme!
"Harry dear, its an inaminate object"

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!"