i was looking into buying a MXR 6 band EQ and i was wondering if it was worth it, or if i should go with the 10 band EQ instead
I was in the same dilemma, i went with the 10 band because it had a volume and a gain slider, but in the end i don't use them that much. however, i find the extra bands to make quite a difference, so it's pretty much up to you, try both and you'll see =)

however, i didn't like the boss one, so i wouldn't suggest taking it over them if it ever occurs to you, it felt like it digitalized the signal
Honestly, it's not really worth paying the extra $30-50 for 4 bands that probably won't have an enormous effect on your sound. Unless you're completely anal about your tone, the 6band would be fine.

And, sorry for threadjacking, but is it worth it to upgrade from my Dano Fish 'n' Chips to an MXR 6band EQ?
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by theacousticpunk
And, sorry for threadjacking, but is it worth it to upgrade from my Dano Fish 'n' Chips to an MXR 6band EQ?

unless you're jumping full force on your pedals on a regular basis, or want one with more bands like a 10 band eq or something, imo it's not worth upgrading

and to ts, i'd go with the 10 band eq
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
you might as well get the danelectro fish and chips
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
I already have the FNC, but a friend of mine is offering me an MXR for $50.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
As said before, unless you're on a desperate attempt to change every last bit of your tone, the 10 band seems unnecessary.

For some reason when I used one it seemed to make noise...I don't know where the hell that came from because I wasn't using any other pedals at all...
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
ahhhh just just a/b them I found out the 10 band wins in tone! dont skimp on tone! I can tell.
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
if you had to buy either new, the 10 band is worth the extra

I happened to pick up a 6 band for about 60% of retail or so second hand, and in that case its definitely worth getting over the 10