The one I think is the most insightful on an important issue is a professional documentary I recently saw called Hijacking Catastrophe, it includes interviews with soldiers, professors, historians, politicians and veterans examining how the Bush Administration pimped and exploited 9/11 (not saying that they orchestrated the attacks, that's just ****ing retarded) to pursue a radical foreign policy that Cheney, Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld had been working on since the early 90's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6eyG3vGJwA&feature=channel_page

It's very interesting and well done, really opens your eyes to what the War on Terror is really about.
zeitgeist

/thread
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Quote by wheatmore
zeitgeist

/thread

Zeitgeist isn't a documentary. Real documentaries actually have decent evidence to support their theories.
Ummmmmm. I saw one on the cuban revolution that was extremely well done, it was small bit t.v. channel to, can't remember what it was called, but damn was it good.
i liked Encounters at the End of the World.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by EuBoat
Louis Theroux.

+1

He comes across as some nervous geek, but handles people really well in awkward situations
Alien was insightful, it shed alot of light on the problems of society and the threat of what would happen if our reptilian overlords revealed themselves to the general public, instead of remaining in hiding.
Quote by blackjack68
My favorite documentaries:

Rumspringa
Sicko
The Corporation

The Corporation is a great one, I remember the day after I saw it I was walking around the mall and seeing all the signs of the stores and I couldn't help but think of all the evil bull**** they were pulling just to make a buck
I don't think Cheney and Rumsfeld planned this massive conspiracy since the 90's. They were bad guys who took advantage of the situation, nothing more. They were politicians, just with more power than usual.
americans always watch documentaries about 9/11...try watching the one about leonardo da vinci on youtube...3 hours but very fascinating. the last true genius.
Quote by SeanJovi
I don't think Cheney and Rumsfeld planned this massive conspiracy since the 90's. They were bad guys who took advantage of the situation, nothing more. They were politicians, just with more power than usual.

www.newamericancentury.org

You can read some of their documents for yourself. The one I'm referring to is one called "Rebuilding America's Defenses" written in 2000. It was a revised version of Wolfowitz's "The Defense Planning Guidance" which he wrote working in the Department of Defense in George Bush Sr.'s government.

Basically, it was a proposed American foreign policy strategy for the 21st century. In it they said they needed "a catastrophic and catalyzing event" to justify a dramatic increase in military spending and preemptive wars in the Middle East (they actually mention getting rid of Saddam is an important first step) in order to secure vital natural resources and set up permanent military bases.

I'm not even kidding, you can read it for yourself at their official website
Holy balls, what you described sounds like a whistleblower film that's.... factual

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

the one on the Vietnam war was an eye opener
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
This thread lacks Religilous.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Religulous is amazing, my favorite part is where he's talking to the gay converter.

"It's really hard for me, most of the time my clients fall right back into a life of homosexuality"

"BECAUSE THEY'RE GAY!"
The ones I've watched this year and like a lot are both of the Zeitgeist ones, Religulous and Sicko.
I hate America even more now.
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
There's one about Columbine Massacre done by Discovery Channel. It was kinda like a minute by minute reenactment of the shootout. Got me goosebumps, i thought it was really good.