well here's the deal i bought new power tubes JJs etc, had it biased. swapped out preamp tubes(just for a different sound etc) and now the amp lightly rings after the notes, mostly the wound strings. i did the tap test on the power tubes and they didnt make the sound, but the preamp tubes did(kinda like a sleighbell that is faint and far away)....

i put the old preamp tubes back in and...same issue!

WTF Jack?
Do the power tubes sound like they're a bit higher gain than the old ones?

Have you put the preamp tube shields back on?
my guitar has been doing that for about one year now. i dont know why it does it either, dont think its the amp personally.
just like what you said, a fading ring after palm muted notes.
Quote by Roc8995
Do the power tubes sound like they're a bit higher gain than the old ones?

Have you put the preamp tube shields back on?

its a Blues Deluxe RI, it never came with the metal preamp shields, but there is a rubber type thing that fits over the first two, but the PI tube doesnt have one. regardless of what preamp tubes i stick in there suddenly they have this faint rattle sound. right now im using 12AT7s, and the sleighbell sound comes and goes, maybe its just a vibration thing, but i also heard that combo amps can lead to quicker tube death due to the rattle thing.

EDIT:now i just realised it MIGHT not be the tubes at all that is the culprit, because i get the same exact sound when i flick off the switches, and simply removing a cable from the input jack? i can tap a cable on the input jack and i hear a shaking sound lol...guess its time to open her up!
Last edited by WaltTheWerewolf at Sep 23, 2009,