Is there such thing as the demented 5th?
During John Frusciante's how deep is your love cover, anthony mentions it, I think he was just trying to sound smart.

But if there is, what is it?
i lold
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Is there such thing as the demented 5th?

never herd of a demon possessed tone..
he mispronounced diminished
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
never herd of a demon possessed tone..
he mispronounced diminished

So I'm assuming mr Keidis has no musical knowledge at all and made something up to sound sophisticated?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

So I'm assuming mr Keidis has no musical knowledge at all and made something up to sound sophisticated?

Possibly
Either way, there's no such thing as a "demented 5th"
Maybe he was just trying to be funny
Quote by The Horror!
Maybe he was just trying to be funny
Yeah I'm pretty sure he was mocking his lack of musical knowledge by making up some random term.

Quote by BBell
rhcp suck
I applaud your well-educated and supported opinion

Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Sep 24, 2009,
i believe this thread supports my statement enough.

..."demented 5th"
myspace.com/soundsofmeta
Nope not really - though it possibly does have a definition. (see 20tigers post #60 in this thread) Though it must be noted that whole thread was... questionable

do you know what the specific chord in question is/how it was played? Don't think anyway of playing it would stop him talking out his arse though.
Last edited by doive at Sep 24, 2009,
Quote by BBell
i believe this thread supports my statement enough.

..."demented 5th"
Anthony's knowledge of music has nothing to do with the talent of the rest of the band.

Quote by doive
do you know what the specific chord in question is/how it was played? Don't think anyway of playing it would stop him talking out his arse though.
He wasn't actually talking about a chord, he was just making a joke.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
my comment wasn't meant to be a diss on the chilis i love them
anthony keidis rarely makes any sense though, his lyrics are more "expressive" than they are ... making sense?

EDIT: to below - well yes, but relevant? did you know gallileo was one of the early proponents of the equal temperament system?
Last edited by doive at Sep 25, 2009,
actually, a diminished 5th/augmented 4th/tritone was considered to be evil/satanic/demonic

the early christian church wouldn't allow it's use, and in pre 14th century music, the only time you would see a Bb would be to avoid that interval.
In the words of Mr Keidis - If you have to ask, you'll never know.

Quote by doive

anthony keidis rarely makes any sense though, his lyrics are more "expressive" than they are ... making sense?
Sir Psycho Sexy.
Si