Page 1 of 2
So, I was driving home from our county fair just now and I think I killed someone's cat.

I had just dropped off my brother at our Dad's house and was on my way home (in thick fog, mind you) when out of the corner of my eye I saw two eyes reflecting at me through the bushes.

I slowed down but the thing darted out in front of me.

THUD.

I pulled over, engaged my hazard lights and conducted a search. I found nothing. No blood, no physical evidence whatsoever that I could see; the body was no where to be found. I guess it was still alive enough to run away but it probably died, seeing as how my bumper is cracked a little.

I don't think my tire actually ran over it though, so it may have a chance. I was only traveling 35mph when I saw the thing and I slowed down to probably around 10-15mph before I hit it. It was either an opossum or a gray cat. I walked up and down the road a few times in the general area and none of the houses had lights on and I couldn't find the animal.

Anyone else had any experiences with vehicles vs. animals? I feel bad.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
it was probably a chupacabra
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
You ended life? Damn dude your one hardcore guy! On a serious note yes I've hit a cow with my truck once.
Go find it and cook it.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Last edited by rock_star77 at Sep 23, 2009,
Coz i felt like the biggest asshole
When i killed your rock and roll....
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
Quote by speakers
opossum sounds rare

They're pretty common (and ugly.)

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I hit a rabbit once. I was getting off the highway, and something jumped out into the road. I was in the process of slowing down, but still going pretty fast.

I felt bad. :/

EDIT:
Opposums don't exist.
I hit a cat with my car once. It took me like twenty minutes though because he wouldn't stop changing lanes.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
it was a possum. dont make yourself think u killed a kitty. even if it wasnt a possum, it was a possum.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
why is it that when u kill a cat u feel terrible, and then when u kill a fly?
you're like "**** YEAH I NAILED THAT SUCKER"
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute
SX stratocaster
MIA Fender Stratocaster
Vox AD50 Vox AC15C1 Vox AC30CC2X Laney LH50r
Guitar>Joe Bonamossa Crybaby > AquaPuss> Sparkle Drive> Green Rhino> DejaVibe> Amplifier
CROWN VIC
Quote by dudetheman

and mean
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by Fenderhippie69
it was a possum. dont make yourself think u killed a kitty. even if it wasnt a possum, it was a possum.

Opossum.

Sorry.

Quote by dustyboy316
and mean

True that.

I saw one kill three chickens in less than 30 seconds while my grandpa went to get the shotgun.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
And im the one who swerves when I see a squirrel.... but to hit the little rodent instead
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Quote by Zakkcd
And im the one who swerves when I see a squirrel.... but to hit the little rodent instead

What? Hell no. That's sick.

I hate the thought of killing anything with a vehicle, especially a natural animal. We're the ones invading their space with our cars.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
this one time, we were on this scavenger hunt at my university, and we needed to find a heart. so we found some roadkill and took it to one of the engineering buildings and cut out its heart and put it in a jar...
Quote by dudetheman
Opossum.

Sorry.

True that.

I saw one kill three chickens in less than 30 seconds while my grandpa went to get the shotgun.

bahaha. When they're cornered they'll take on humans and won't give up. Feisty little ****ers.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by dudetheman

I hate the thought of killing anything with a vehicle, especially a natural animal. We're the ones invading their space with our cars.

oh well gotta control that crazy population somehow.
But like above, I don't go absolutely insane with a killing rampage or some crap like that
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

Quote by dudetheman

damn yankees and their opposums

IT'S A POSSUM DAMNIT!

oh, and I hit a cat once. it was broad daylight but I was going like 60 mph, I just barely saw it out of the corner of my eye before it hit, I looked in my rear view mirror and saw it spinning across the highway like it was on ice… I laughed. not so much because I'm a heartless bastard, because there was absolutely nothing I could've done about it and… okay, I'm just a heartless bastard.

and another time on the way home from playing GOW2 all night at my drummer's house I hit a rabbit.

edit: oh yea, I hit a deer once, well it was more like a deer hit me. it hit the side of the car right in front of my left front wheel. it kinda pushed the panel back so that my door wouldn't open, but me and my dad stuck something between the door and the panel and pryed it back. can't even tell.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Sep 23, 2009,
I hit a rabbit on easter eve. That has to be bad luck. I didn't just kill it either, I completely obliterated it, pieces all over the road.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
I hit a rabbit on easter eve. That has to be bad luck. I didn't just kill it either, I completely obliterated it, pieces all over the road.

no candy for you, bunny killer. And nobody else will get any b/c you just killed the easter bunny. gawd i swearz....

Quote by KeepOnRotting
I completely obliterated it.

Would you say you whomped it?
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
Quote by Zakkcd
no candy for you, bunny killer. And nobody else will get any b/c you just killed the easter bunny. gawd i swearz....

I was bookin' it, and it jumped against my bumper. It had it coming.

^ I definitely whomped it.
Quote by metalmanjosip
Would you say you whomped it?

well done sir
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
GAH. I can't take this anymore.

A possum is different from an Opossum. Two different animals. One resides in the Western Hemisphere, the other in the Eastern Hemisphere. They're both ugly, and both marsupials but they are two DIFFERENT animals.

Depending on where you live, TS, you killed an opossum/ a possum.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by dudetheman

Em, humans are anymals. And everything is natural, I mean everything we have came from the earth, except some moon rocks
Quote by maidenfan15
I hit a cat with my car once. It took me like twenty minutes though because he wouldn't stop changing lanes.

I heartily lol'd

EDIT:
Quote by rock_star77
GAH. I can't take this anymore.

A possum is different from an Opossum. Two different animals. One resides in the Western Hemisphere, the other in the Eastern Hemisphere. They're both ugly, and both marsupials but they are two DIFFERENT animals.

Depending on where you live, TS, you killed an opossum/ a possum.

actually, possums live in australia, new guinea, and new zealand
opossums live everywhere else
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Last edited by namesroverrated at Sep 24, 2009,
Page 1 of 2