Hey I just bought my MIM strat today! $100 with a hard case. Sounds great I love the thing! The guitar connection is a little bad, What do I do about this? Take it to a guitar shop? I don't have a soldering gun so I can't do it myself...
Attachments:
11111111.JPG
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
Last edited by colt34 at Sep 24, 2009,
Holy **** thats a great deal! HNGD!

and for the connection problem, just take it in. Most likely its just a loose wire in the output jack, and that wont cost you more than 15 bucks to have professionally fixed.
Quote by colt34
Hey I just bought my MIM strat today! $100 with a hard case. Sounds great I love the thing! The guitar connection is a little bad, What do I do about this? Take it to a guitar shop? I don't have a sawdering gun so I can't do it myself...

it's spelled soldering

fixing a connection like that is pretty easy if you have experience and a hell of a lot cheaper

but if you're not into learning how to solder the you could just take it to a shop
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by thetoastinator
Holy **** thats a great deal! HNGD!

and for the connection problem, just take it in. Most likely its just a loose wire in the output jack, and that wont cost you more than 15 bucks to have professionally fixed.

Hey the serial number is 006240 I can't figure out how to check it, can someone tell me where it was made and when?
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers

Mexico, Ensenada, and I believe either 2000 or 2006.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
the fuking case sells for $100 new.

Great deal there.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
How did you manage a great deal like that? Man I hope to find a deal similar when I find a mim strat.
Oh the serial is actually MN0062xx and it's either a 91 or 92

And I look on craigslist all the time, I find DANG good deals on there. Everyone needs money so they sell stuff they don't need. The guy I bought this from has 20 or so guitars and needs some money so he's selling stuff he doesn't need like everyone else. So just check the musical instrament page out every day and you'll find some awesome deals!

Last edited by colt34 at May 18, 2010,
Quote by colt34
Oh the serial is actually MN006240 and it's either a 91 or 92

And I look on craigslist all the time, I find DANG good deals on there. Everyone needs money so they sell stuff they don't need. The guy I bought this from has 20 or so guitars and needs some money so he's selling stuff he doesn't need like everyone else. So just check the musical instrament page out every day and you'll find some awesome deals!

thats what i do daily and i dont find anything
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Thats a great deal mate, HNGD!
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
Quote by randomhero93

Go garage saling ever? Got the metal master digitech pedal for free at one. It's in mint condition in the box with the manual you'd guess its new, $90 new.

Last edited by colt34 at Sep 24, 2009,
Quote by colt34
Go garage saling ever? Got the metal master digitech pedal for free at one. It's in mint condition in the box with the manual you'd guess its new, $90 new.

not really. there arent a lot of garage sales nearby, and if there are, I probably know who's it is. it's a small town over here where pretty much everyone knows everyone.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
not really. there arent a lot of garage sales nearby, and if there are, I probably know who's it is. it's a small town over here where pretty much everyone knows everyone.

I was just in wisdom montana and it was crazy, Everyone LITERALLY knew everyone! We were talking to this guy and we were like yeah there was this guy and he lived over... "OH you mean jack!"

Quote by colt34
I was just in wisdom montana and it was crazy, Everyone LITERALLY knew everyone! We were talking to this guy and we were like yeah there was this guy and he lived over... "OH you mean jack!"

thats actually pretty funny
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
thats actually pretty funny

Well I was planning on selling it on eBay. Which turned out to be impossible once I got it

Quote by randomhero93

I found mine for $220 with a hardshell and the pots and wires replaced with boutique quality ones. Just keep digging, you'll find something sooner or later.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Great looking guitar dude.

A soldering iron is very cheap if you would want to buy one, I believe i saw one for 10 bucks at radioshack the other day but if you don't feel comfy just bring it somewhere. Though, don't believe the people that say it'll be a few dollars to bring it in and get it fixed. I thought the average price for a setup for my fixed bridge electric would be about 40 and the cheapest price I can find is 80. Granted, our guitar center here doesn't allow the employees to work on gear (which is a great idea, there's only 1 guy there I would trust only cause he's my friend).

I'm sure you could find a tutorial somewhere on how to do it and it should be easy.

Happy NGD..
Wow, great deal! HNGD!

Quote by colt34
And I look on craigslist all the time

So do I, except I have a very, VERY specific guitar in mind that I want, and I'm tempted to say I won't settle for anything else. Curse my sudden decisiveness
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
yeah I'll have to pick a soldering up I guess... or I'll call the place

Quote by colt34
yeah I'll have to pick a soldering up I guess... or I'll call the place
Awesome! You can get a nice kit from RadioShack for ~$15. Practice for about 30 minutes and you'll be good to go. You can also solder keys, locks, etc. for grins.