Click!

there's a link to the myspace page. it's the first song on there called "watching what you say"
i've been really into the country feel lately, not tim mcgraw or anything like that, the real stuff.
i haven't played electric guitar in, i dunno, FOREVER. and i decided i really needed to get back into that if i wanted to progress with my lead guitar work since i haven't really focused on that for a long time.
busy schedules suck when you want to make music.
anyway, i like how this song turned out but i'd love some feedback.
i'm not a singer, heads up
thanks!
Watching What You Say?

That the one i listened to and personnaly... That awesome!!

-Nice singing!
-Awesome quality! I guess it's studio...
-Nice bass playing, sound very nice to me.
-I realy enjoy the chorus good job.
-Nice solo and lead with vocal (2:15-...).
-Overall that awesome... Wow... Not my style but i got to admit that was freaking good! Keep it up!

Crit mine?: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202011

Absolutely not the same quality i must warn you

Thanks

-MDP

(Currently listening to more of your stuff)
thank!
it's not studio, it's bedroom! haha
i have a super old mac laptop i use to record with garage band and an alesis mixer.
i usually plug straight in, but my acoustic-electric wasn't working right so i mic'd it and i was a lot happier with the quality.
so i mic'd the electric too. i don't have any pedals or anything anymore that i use since i really haven't played electric in a while. so i spent FOREVER tweaking the EQ on a practice amp to get an ok tone. i was pleased with that, haha.
then i mixed the EQ on my pc to make it sound better.
none of my other songs have that quality in the recording sound, as i just figured out that micing everything makes it sound better.

i'll listen to yours now.
Nice job! Really liked the song. ENDLESS amount better than the crap on pop-country radio today. Everything sounded really good, I thought, and though I don't listen to much country, I thought that it was really good. Stuff like THAT should be the stuff on country radio instead of what it is today...
Anyways, could you crit my band's first song? It is at
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1206319
and is the only song on the page.
Again, good job!
Last edited by otacon17 at Sep 25, 2009,
wow! really kind words, otacon, i really appreciated. thank you a ton!
i'll check out that song right now :]
It's a good song but the performance could be a lot better. It's a bit jagged around the edges timing-wise, sounds like the drums/bass are the culprit most of the time, and the vocals needs some work.
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
Quote by ebon00
It's a good song but the performance could be a lot better. It's a bit jagged around the edges timing-wise, sounds like the drums/bass are the culprit most of the time, and the vocals needs some work.

timing how? drums are programmed, so they're in perfect time
it must be my playing not matching the drums.
could be a little tighter?
i'd like to know what you mean
and thanks!