i dont tap much but when i do my tapping usually goes
19-15-12-19-15-12
19-16-12-19-16-12
19-17-12-19-17-12
17-15-12-17-15-12
17-16-12-17-16-12
those are my favorites fill me in on your favorites...by the way i tap on high e
The tapping part of Always With You Always With Me. I also like to do the kyoto tapping sound ala Eric Johnson. Pretty nifty technique.
That little sweep-tapping thing that Alexi Laiho does in a lot of his live solos....it just sounds so goddamn awesome
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by CapnKickass
Protest the Hero

Yessum.

Sequoia Throne ftw!
Quote by Nutman69
i think ur gonna get flamed pretty bad.

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Quote by FallsDownStairs
The tapping part of Always With You Always With Me. I also like to do the kyoto tapping sound ala Eric Johnson. Pretty nifty technique.

if your reffering to the section towards the end it`s a legato run, it`s not tapped.

my fave tapping would be the intro to building the church by steve vai and new blues and midnight by joe satriani.

eruption by eddie is just a bit boring for me after 22 years of peeps saying "play eruption"
Quote by ibanezgod1973
if your reffering to the section towards the end it`s a legato run, it`s not tapped.

my fave tapping would be the intro to building the church by steve vai and new blues and midnight by joe satriani.

eruption by eddie is just a bit boring for me after 22 years of peeps saying "play eruption"

Er, that's not the part I'm refering too. Starts at 1:55 and ends at 2:07 of the music video. If you want to say that's legato, then you have bad ears.
Last edited by FallsDownStairs at Sep 24, 2009,
The tapping in the Next in line - Children of bodom solo. Idk why but its fun to play. Also Sioux city Sarsaparilla by Alexi, especially the tapping near the end after the sweeps
Quote by FallsDownStairs
Er, that's not the part I'm refering too. Starts at 1:55 and ends at 2:07 of the music video. If you want to say that's legato, then you have bad ears.

he plays it different live and extends it by 2 minutes
Quote by ibanezgod1973
he plays it different live and extends it by 2 minutes

Everytime I've watched him live, he might extend it, but he still does it with tapping. So either way, it's still tapping.
The tapping in "Fives" by Guthrie Govan is hard to knock.
(It's not my favourite tapping phrase, but it's the favourite one that I can play)
I'm refering to the tapping section before the solo, not the insanely fast tap fills he plays at the start of the solo and in the second playthrough of the main theme.
Tapping in Not Alone by All That Remains.

If not that, I like my own little tapping riff I do in Drop D. A bit egotistical to say my own work but eh, whatever.

A 3-0-3-5-10-12-10-5-3-0-3-5-15-12-10-5-0
D 3-0-3-5-10-12-10-5-3-0-3-5-15-12-10-5-0
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Quote by Punk_Ninja
The tapping in "Fives" by Guthrie Govan is hard to knock.
(It's not my favourite tapping phrase, but it's the favourite one that I can play)
I'm refering to the tapping section before the solo, not the insanely fast tap fills he plays at the start of the solo and in the second playthrough of the main theme.

pretty damn awsome tapping right there.

one of my stock tapping phrases is: 15-18-20-(bent up to)22. bending+tapping=win. also sliding+tapping.

my favourite tapping in any song however is the tapping near the end of building the church by steve vai. it just looks so damn cool!
One of my favorite sounding tapping pieces is a song called of dust and nations by thrice. Its not really hard to play or anything but I just love the sound and feel of it.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ