*Blah,blah* too loud *blah*

tl;dr:
I've got a 30w tube amp. It's waaaaaayyyy to loud. I need one much smaller. Around 5w, only stipulation is that it needs an effects loop. Eq and gain knobs are optional, but appreciated. Doesn't need to have a lot of gain on tap, because I've got a few decent OD/distortion/fuzz pedals to boost the hell out of it. Mainly need it for classic rock and blues, but I'll also be doing Steve Vai-ish stuff, except with less gain. Budget is (preferably) less then $500 USD, but I may budge if the amp is perfect.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Last edited by theacousticpunk at Sep 24, 2009,
Doesn't the Blackstar HT-5 have an effects loop? It seems to be perfect for what he's looking for.
Quote by Darkflame
speaking of which, a clerk at my local music store told me i could use the EHX signal pad as an attenuator, anyone knows if it'd work? that'd be awesome, it's like 50 bucks

Not really. The EHX Signal Pad is exactly the same thing as your guitar's volume knob. It's basically a pot in a box.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Which do attenuators go (signal wise)? After the power amp, but before the speaker? That would be a problem, because you can't disconnect the speaker without opening the damn thing up (it is closed-backed).
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp