Page 1 of 6
Pit, what slang that you hear in daily life do you find to be the most grating, and frustrating to have to hear.

for me.

the word "brewskis" seriously what the **** is that ****. It's not polish, it's a beer goddamit.
"illest"
"cheesin'" (meaning to be pissed off)
"homes" (homeboy)
"hella"
"menz/mans" the word is men. TOO stupid.
"next" said a lot around my school, meaning "strange". i hate this the most. especially when in combination with other stupid bull****. "dem was some hella next menz homes."

that is all. i plan on stabbing the next person who says either of those.

list yours
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Sep 24, 2009,
Unnecessary abbreviations in general.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
DGAF.
I hate when people call each other "guy" and "fool". All the Mexicans do it, so some people think I'm racist.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Unnecessary abbreviations in general.

+1

"Yeah, that guy seems pretty chill."

Chill is not a ****ing adjective.

This is probably the worst: "OH MAN THAT GUY IS HELLA CHILL!"

Just kill me now.
i thought cheesin was when you inhaled cat spray to go into a dissociative daze and look at tits
papy

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Quote by cwotspot

"Yeah, that guy seems pretty chill."

Though I usually don't use it in that context, I do say "chill" alot, bro.

I hate it when people say "idk" in real life. My brother does it and every time he does I just want to CRUSH HIM.
It pisses me off when im drinkin a brewski and I think its pretty mackin but my homes thinks its hella whack. Boy do I get cheesed.
Quote by turd_ferguson
[0:17] If my parents knew I was part of a group who celebrated christmas by drinking cough syrup they would probably cry

WEATHERER, the greatest band ever.
brosif.

also, if a girl is hot, a guy will say "dude, shes ****ing bomb"

this eventually morphed into, "dude, you know adrian? shes ****in bomb.com" (out loud)

^ lol
i thought cheesin was when you just have like a fake smile on or when you are smiling a lot. and i am from northern california and every other word is hella...so i dont think its hella horrible ya dig dawg.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Yay somebody got it!!!

Thats what i get for owning all four seasons of futurama!

Quote by Zero-Hartman
She's a fucking vampire! Hit that shit with a stake.
i hate it when people use internet slang in real life but other than that I don't have a problem with most slang, but i look at it differently than most, rather than thinkin "damn thats stupid that he says mane instead of man" i think "lol that idiot says mane"
Quote by cwotspot

Chill is not a ****ing adjective.

Wrong.

[B]Chill[/B] adj.     
1. Moderately cold; chilly: a chill wind.    
2. Not warm and friendly; distant: a chill greeting.    
3. Discouraging; dispiriting: "Chill penury repressed their noble rage" (Thomas Gray).
GEAR:
Fender MIM HSS Strat
VOX AD30VT
FUNDS: $600
Where I live when a attractive female walks by were all like "Did you see that bitch? She was bonin'!" that or "bangin".
Hella only has proper usage in Cali, particularly SF. I use tight, yes, I'm in my mid twenties, I'm getting old and should probably stop using it but it's embedded in my vocabulary.

Lmfao at cheesin, I've yet to encounter that. What I hate is when Caucasian people talk ghetto slang when they were never raised in the ghetto. Unless you grew up in the hood act like a normal person, at the very least, be yourself.
Last edited by XeroDivide at Sep 24, 2009,
YO Bra this thread is so hella cheesin i mean i thought it was gonna be brewskis but nah bru its the illest thread ive ever seen

peace out homes
*gotzguitarskillz* Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

GUITARS

Ibanez rgr421exfm W/ Evos
Epiphone G-400
Some no name acoustic thats pretty good
This is totally epin.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
Quote by EtherealAmateur
Wrong.

[B]Chill[/B] adj.     
1. Moderately cold; chilly: a chill wind.
2. Not warm and friendly; distant: a chill greeting.
3. Discouraging; dispiriting: "Chill penury repressed their noble rage" (Thomas Gray).

It may just be me, but I would much rather hear/say that something is "chilled." Just sounds better.
Quote by Tire Me.
I remember when hella was mostly in Nor Cal....

Sacramento? Well in that case lets just say Cali in general then, it doesn't fit the context coming out of someones mouth that does not come from that state or lived there, unless it comes from a Californians mouth who's in another state out of Cali.
Last edited by XeroDivide at Sep 24, 2009,
If you don't like "hella", it's a good thing you don't live around here, everyone says that. I have yet to hear anyone around here say they don't like it. When I say everyone, I mean EVERYONE.

EDIT: I always thought hella was more of a bay area thing, or at least NorCal. Whenever I'm out of state and use it I always get weird looks.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Last edited by namesroverrated at Sep 24, 2009,
Quote by namesroverrated
If you don't like "hella", it's a good thing you don't live around here, everyone says that. I have yet to hear anyone around here say they don't like it. When I say everyone, I mean EVERYONE.

I'd trade spots with you if I could seriously, I can handle it.
in england, all the chavy scum of society living in the councilhouse/baby farms. are saying low it and low that, shortened version of allow it,

it began being used when someone was kicking off, his mates would say "low it" now when anything bad, difficult ect happens, they say low it, it doesnt even make sence within itself.

"i gotta get up really early in the morning, low it"

its like wtf. ur complaining about it and telling yourself to let it go, stupid caveman pikey scum,
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by awesome_name
"oh for sure, bro, for sure."
I want to back hand smack people who say "for sure"...

preppy girls + myspace status = "skool was gay (fer sure!) text it plz!"

GOD ****ING DAMNIT EVERYTIME I SEE THAT I WANT TO PUNCH A MINORITY
this one isn't technically slang, but the word "webmistress" .... holy mother fucker... sweet jesus lord christ almighty that pisses me off so bad i have to take a shot of brandy just for hearing it.