Just like the title says, what's a good solid acoustic guitar to get. I've never really been too much into acoustic for the last few years but now I"m starting to like it more. What would you recommend for and intermediate player? or something that will get the job done well but not take my life savings away.

Thanks for the help.
Price range, style of music please...
Edit: off hand, Seagull S6 for $400 or less.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
The first guitar i got was a Seagull rustic mini-jumbo and I love it. I paid about $330 or so on sale at Guitar Center.
seagull - a really good brand with good build, higher pressure laminate sides and back, which means better sound than many other laminate back and sides guitars. and the wild cherry wood helps. i have and recommend seagull's the original s6. for $400, it looks, sounds and feels great. my husband graciously lowered the action for me a tiny bit at nut and saddle, and my s6 is now a perfect player.

if you can't go $400, the entourage s6 seems very good, also, although i haven't spent much time with it. and also check out the yamaha fg730s, which also has a solid top as do the seagulls, and a very good sound although very different from the seagulls.

if you can go a little higher, you might want to try the all-solid seagulls. i also tried a Breedlove Atlas Series Studio C25/SM last weekend. it seemed to be on sale at GC for $550 and sounded great. it has a solid top and back, which helps the sound a great deal. and a lot of people here love the epiphone masterbilts - there are laminate back and side masterbilts, so be sure to read the tag. guitar store employees are not your friend as they are sometimes wrong about this.
It's hard to suggest anything without knowing the price range you have in mind or the kind of sound you want.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
It's hard to suggest anything without knowing the price range you have in mind or the kind of sound you want.

He posted a similar thread yesterday. $50-150 seemed to be his original goal...
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Quote by Phat Stud 55
Just like the title says, what's a good solid acoustic guitar to get. I've never really been too much into acoustic for the last few years but now I"m starting to like it more. What would you recommend for and intermediate player? or something that will get the job done well but not take my life savings away.

Thanks for the help.

Acoustic guitars are generally hollow. (sorry for the bad joke)

It all depends on how much you want to spend. Right up in the 900-1000 USD range you can get a Martin 000-15. Amazing guitar. I want one so badly..

Then of course, Seagull's lower end guitars are great.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
The S6 has something along the lines of a Matte finish I believe. its the Coastline series that has the glossy finish..I think.... but yeah, the Entourage s cheaper (About $100 cheaper) and has a different color (sunburst ish) and slimmer neck. Larger than most, but quite nice IMO.
Oh yeah, they are also made in Ceder and Spruce.