Page 1 of 2
Well...

An interesting scenario has come forth.

I, you see, like this girl (I'm not sure if this goes in the relationship thread since it's more of the approaching and first-time thing ).

There's a small a problem about liking this girl....we have the same last name. My name is NOT common. So obviously, we're related. Problem is, I REALLY like this girl.

Before you think I'm Mr. Incesto, here are my three logical reasons why I think it's ok.

1. I've never met this girl in my entire life. Had I "grown up" with her, it'd be a different story.
2. At the absolute NEAREST, she's like my 7th cousin through my family, and that's just guessing. It's most likely farther.
3. I'm adopted. My adopted family and my original family are completely unrelated whatsoever. Therefore, I'm really only a Jones because a piece of paper or something says I am.

I'm being careful with this one.... I've heard stories, actually, from some people I know who are also adopted who have ran into this problem, and/or know another adopted person who had this happen.

I know my haters would have a field day with this, that's why I'm bringing it here for some hopefully serious advice. As crazy as the Pit is and can be, I do normally get answers for random stuff here, in between the nonsense. She doesn't know. My friends don't know.

Put yourself in my shoes. What would YOU do? Honesty is wanted here. If you think this is creepy and I'm a POS incest-boy, then tell me.
Duckksecks

Duck #5 of the African Water Hole fan club PM findingmyway to join!
You're adopted.

EDIT: Wait a ****ing minute.... you're last name is Jonas? Is that really that uncommon? I know of a few homos with that last name.... about 3 of them.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Last edited by Night_Lights at Sep 24, 2009,
Quote by PitaPita
3. I'm adopted. My adopted family and my original family are completely unrelated whatsoever. Therefore, I'm really only a Jones because a piece of paper or something says I am.

Jones is one of the most common last names ever.

And if you're adopted then it's obviously not incest.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
^What's that mean
Duckksecks

jones isnt common? my aunts last name is jones
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by GodofCheesecake

Jones is one of the most common last names ever.

And if you're adopted then it's obviously not incest.

Jones isn't my real last name. I just withheld my real one :p
Duckksecks

Well you're adopted ffs, no blood shared.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
oh well in that case...
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Dude, just talk to her about it. See if you can put some kind of family tree together or something.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by severed-metal
Just beat it, is what I mean.

Was referring to the "you're adopted". Didn't know if that was some UG hatred for adopted kids thing I missed
Duckksecks

Quote by SteveHouse
Dude, just talk to her about it. See if you can put some kind of family tree together or something.

Not sure if you're being serious? lol....
If yes, then we already did, no connections.
If no, then what a hell of a first date.
Duckksecks

First off, she probably is not related to you, and like you said, if she is, it's something like a 5th cousin or more, at which point it really doesn't even matter. In fact, I'm pretty sure anything beyond 2nd cousin isn't harmful. And on top of that, you're adopted, it doesn't matter

I knew an adopted kid who dated his "first cousin"
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
If there's no blood relationship go for it. If there is then it's up to you...
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Quote by Alex Vik
Well that was stupid.

Just being careful. Some ppl from my hometown post on here, didn't want them to catch on to who I am. I live in the whole small-town/big-gossip thing.
Duckksecks

Quote by frozen_soul
jones isnt common? my aunts last name is jones

Is she your GF too?

Quote by PitaPita
Was referring to the "you're adopted". Didn't know if that was some UG hatred for adopted kids thing I missed

They're not hating on you, they're saying it's not incestuous
Last edited by Tire Me. at Sep 24, 2009,
Quote by Tire Me.
Is she your GF too?

They're not hating on you, they're saying it's not incestuous

>_>

<_<
Quote by Marshmelllow

i met a really hot girl last year with the same last name as me, and i have a very unique italian last name. even crazier, she had almost the exact same first name as my mom! (cassandra, as opposed to sandra). i would definately tap that if i had the chance. but i recently just read about a couple with the exact same first and last name who got married. so moral to my story, your in the clear.
DECRESCENDO
wait. you must not know your real last name right? just the name your adopted parents gave you. obviously by law, sure it could be considered incest, but not if shes more than 7 cousins away, youre adopted, and those families never see each other. plus im sure shes not related to you
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I'll tell you the same thing i told my grandmother when she asked me "is this really okay?"

Just do it.

Another incest story?

I'll keep a "Cool story bro" at the ready.
Quote by None_More_Black
wait. you must not know your real last name right? just the name your adopted parents gave you. obviously by law, sure it could be considered incest, but not if shes more than 7 cousins away, youre adopted, and those families never see each other. plus im sure shes not related to you

I know my real last name, yes. That family is from a nearby city. I have met my mother and half-brothers and all that jazz.
Duckksecks

What's with all the faux-incest around here? Can't you horny ragamuffins find a girl that isn't somehow related to you? Do you all reside in some stereotypical redneck backwater?

But anyway, I don't see why it should be a problem in your case, I mean the relation is only in name...there's obviously no problem. The only thing is, why are you so infatuated if you haven't even met her?
Quote by Beserker
What's with all the faux-incest around here? Can't you horny ragamuffins find a girl that isn't somehow related to you? Do you all reside in some stereotypical redneck backwater?

But anyway, I don't see why it should be a problem in your case, I mean the relation is only in name...there's obviously no problem. The only thing is, why are you so infatuated if you haven't even met her?

I've met her, might have goofed with my explination. We've hung out several times.
Duckksecks

^Touche.
Duckksecks

"So obviously, we're related"

Yes obviously your related/sarcasm

My last name is wheeldon I'm half white and half indian and I've met 4 mexicans in my town with the same last name so unless my dad is a man***** you'd be surprised at what you'll find.
I'm confused, so is her last name the same as in she's related to your biological parents or is her last name just Jones?
Either way go for it, wouldn't be a big deal
Quote by SteveHouse

If by "family tree" you mean "have hot, silent sex and then wake up awkwardly beside each other in the morning and don't ever talk to her again," then yes I agree with this.
You'll take **** for it, but try anyway. Dating/screwing family members on a technicality is pure win.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
I knew a couple once that got married. The bride's last name was Nice and the Groom's last name was Pleasant. Obviously related.
2010's Sexiest Female Uger

Guys, he's giving Jones as an example.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Page 1 of 2