Sometime next spring my band will be doing a gig at my church. I was planning on micing the amps that don't have line outs, but for those that do, should I mic them or have them go right to the PA? One of the amps with a line out is a Roland Cube 30x.
as said before mic all guitar amps and drum set but line out for bass. if you use your line out for guitars it might get really muddy. i just use my boss Gt-6 into a DI box straight into the P.A. sounds crystal clear and i never need my amp
Quote by kyle62
If you're using a good PA, the Cube might actually sound better through the Line Out.

It's a fairly good PA, I know the speakers are tough as a rock, but I haven't heard them in a while since we got a Bose system a few years back.

Quote by hightension01
as said before mic all guitar amps and drum set but line out for bass. if you use your line out for guitars it might get really muddy. i just use my boss Gt-6 into a DI box straight into the P.A. sounds crystal clear and i never need my amp

Well, it'll be electric drums, so we'll run those line out. And I think I (the bassist) will need my amp, as the amp I'm looking at has a XLR output on it.
Quote by kyle62
If you're using a good PA, the Cube might actually sound better through the Line Out.

This would be my answer too. The speaker section in the cube isn't really meant to color the sound since it's a modeling amp, so I'd be inclined to just run everything into the PA.