Hello Guys I am Rex and i am new yo UG Forum.

I recently bought a 2nd hand Gretsch G6128-1962(Made in Japan -2008) about couple days ago.
Yesterday i have found some cracks around the neck joint, It looks like paint crack to me. The size of the crack is about hair thin. I can feel the crack with my finger. Does it happen normally on guitars with set-neck or just i am unfortunate? Does dry weather cause this kind of crack?

Here is the picture,

Sorry photo is kind of out of focus, but as you can see the thin crack between the joint and the body.

Please give me your valuable advise!

Thanks a lot!

P.S. Sorry for my bad english
you mean that surface crack?

it looks like a little swirl?

it'll be fine. just character.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
you mean that surface crack?

it looks like a little swirl?

it'll be fine. just character.

the crack on the joint.
Will it affect the guitar itself?
Thats just the joint. That is how set-necks are usually made. Except if im missing anything, you should mark the crack you are refering to in paint or something, just to be shure we are looking at the same thing.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Thanks for your reminding me point out the cracks. Heres the updated picture.
I can feel the cracks with my finger tip.

While not ideal you're probably OK. If there's no flex or movement of the joint then leave it be. The neck isn't just a flat surface glued onto the body, there is a tenon also that you can't see that provides most of the holding power.
Moving on.....
that's not a crack, that's the joint.

if you think the neck is coming out of the joint, you tell with a simple test.

apply a little pressure at the joint and see if the two parts move, shift or separate.

play the guitar acoustically and listen for any buzz coming from the crack that stops if you touch the seam.

if not then play the guitar.

^gah took me forever to post.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i have the same problem on my dot, is that from anything bad, and is it damaging to the guitar at all? There is nothing wrong with playability, sound, etc...just I'm nervous about it.