I was intending this to be a Baroness rip-off, Without actually ripping anything off. Instead, I let the song guide it's own construction and it sounds nothing like Baroness.

Enjoy.
Attachments:
sdfg (2).zip
Reminded me of Opeth...

Probably cause ive been listening to them all night, but it did sound a bit Opethy to me.

None the less, was good, how hard is it to to the run down from 15th on the D i think it was, then get down to 0 on the E for the run back up though?
loved the beat and the bass, guitar runs suits well...
there is some repetition, u'll get rid of it im sure...
the clean guitar progression is great, loved the diminished chord..
the only weak part IMO is from 81 to 84...not that its bad, but i think it sounds silly :p

overall great job 9/10...oh and a guitar solo would sound nice

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1200024
Quote by maiden03
Reminded me of Opeth...

Probably cause ive been listening to them all night, but it did sound a bit Opethy to me.

None the less, was good, how hard is it to to the run down from 15th on the D i think it was, then get down to 0 on the E for the run back up though?

Yeah, I get the Opeth feeling too. I always wanted to write like Opeth when I listened to them heaps. But only now that i've stopped listening to them, I've started to take influence from them...

Very. To be honest, I can't do it. I wrote that bar without actually playing anything...
Less tritonus and you're clean. That is a great piece of prog metal. I just wonder if you could change the riff of bar 20 and the thing starting at bar 85... annoys me somehow. Good job overall.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21748254

//Oh, and lower the tempo so you don't have to use thirds all the time.
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
Last edited by henkka_potku at Sep 25, 2009,
I know not the word 'tritonus.'

I'm not sure what you mean by the thirds? Maybe triplets..?

The song is actually in 12/8, if that's what you mean, but I began it in 4/4 with triplets as I wasn't expecting the whole thing to end up being triplets.

I'll crit yours soon
Quote by Butt Rayge
Yeah, I get the Opeth feeling too. I always wanted to write like Opeth when I listened to them heaps. But only now that i've stopped listening to them, I've started to take influence from them...

Very. To be honest, I can't do it. I wrote that bar without actually playing anything...

I can play it