I'd recommend getting a 9600GT do you do any gaming?
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
i do some gaming, i have a few games (AA3, 2142, CoD4 etc) but i was looking into a new card because my current card is terrible.
Well then I probs recommend a 9600GT, I have one and I play CoD4 with fairly high graphics and it runs smoothly
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
all the 9 series are cheap now, even the gt260 is. I wouldn't go below a 9800 GT they're only around 100 bucks now
9600gt, me and one of my friends have it, both with Zalman fan, made by Gigabyte. Absolutely a great card when you're on budget, pretty efficient even with games like GTA IV, if your CPU is good (Core 2 Duo or better). I've managed to play GTA IV with my card, 2gb of RAM and Dual Core processor, the details and resolution were set low-medium but it definitely was playable, mostly thanks to the card because the processor is already pretty old.
I got a 9800GT a month ago. It cost me about $125AU. I wouldn't get anything less. Though if you are looking at a few different cards, choose the one with the higher bus speed.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
I vote you for Australian of the Year.

Quote by Dunjma
lol yea chuck the sicky! what an aussie tradition angels fighter i too vote u for aussie of the year

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I call bullsh*t. White people don't get sacked.

Visit my friends Site
I got my 9800 GT (which is weirdly enough as expensive as the 9600 :/)a few months ago.
And i can run all my games (COD4/5 Overlord 2/ Fallout 3/ GTA IV) on ultrahigh settings.
So yeah, id go for that card
kthxbai.
Nvidia's X800GT (replace X by any number) has always been some kind of high end budget card. They are a little more expensive then the budget cards in the series and alot cheaper then the higher end cards (GTX, etc) but the performance is amazing.

I'd say 9800GT is the best bang for your buck. I've had a 8800GT for some time now and that thing is amazing for the price. I'm only guessing the 9800GT is better.

Also, the cards in the 200 series aren't to bad either. I now have GTX 275 and there is NOTHING I can't run at max settings (my CPU is a beast and I have a ****load of DDR3 ram, might have something to do with that). If you have some money to burn, look into that. You might also want a good CPU not to bottleneck your system.

If you're computer is pretty "meh" and you're pretty low on cash, get a 9800GT you won't regret it. Just to make sure, just look for benchmarks on Tom's Hardware.
Gear :
Epiphone G400
Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR
Peavey Vypyr 30.

Please excuse my lack of proper spelling and grammar, english isn't my first language.