And what kind of solid colour would you guys recommend? I was thinking a yellowish orange paint job. Its a schecter copy by the way...i plan to re do the whole guitar. Really good for a 70USD guitar.

But as you can see, these are drilled pretty badly...But what kind of wood filler would you recommend to fill these up so i can completely paint the whole thing?
not to sure about the woods.

and why would you need to fill the chips in the cavity?
it aint gonna be seen, and it doesnt matter if it gets painted badly, unless your painting the cavitys with somekinda conductive material so it has less hum.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Last edited by metal-matt at Sep 24, 2009,
Maple isn't so red, so i don't think its a maple neck. no idea on the body (not seen enough raw basswood).
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
errr..

looking closer at that body...

why the hell are there several holes driled in the back?
its not a string thru, and they look kinda outa place for that anyway...
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
its a sorta no name brand...yeah, it is a string through..

Yeah, thats what i thought too...maple is too red to be like that..but then again, the grain is exactly like typical maple

The brand is Pot if you are seriously curious. Erm, its apparently handmade in Thailand. But don't get me wrong...I've done a set up before stripping it down i must say it is seriously comparable to my Ibanez S470. I'm not kidding here. I would actually say i prefer this in terms of having a string through body and neck through design...

What i want to do is basically tung oil the neck and repaint the body with a solid colour...but i'm pretty curious on the types of wood. Very weird kinds i must say...

Is it possible that it isn't basswood?
not really...they don't even have their own website...hahah, thats why i'm seriously surprised by the quality and stuff
The neck looks like it could be mahogany. I think the body is mahogany too, or a different wood altogether, but I think it's too dark to be basswood.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
neck is prolly mahogany, its def. got the right color and grain, the body is most likely not basswood, possibly mahogany as well.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
neck is prolly mahogany, its def. got the right color and grain, the body is most likely not basswood, possibly mahogany as well.

the neck grain is like rippling waves...just like maple...

The shop says its all mahogany, but comparing it to my acoustic which has hog back and sides, the grain on the electric isn't as deep...

Wait guys...i'll try to get some more photos up
Last edited by NoobOnZone at Sep 25, 2009,
Wow, for $70, if you're getting the woods that you think you're getting, this might just beat out squiers for wood quality and possible project guitar at an affordable price.

...that is, if you can get your hands on one, and if you like the idea of a string-thru mahogany body and neck combo. I know I would!
Amps
Randall RG50TC, Roland Cube 15x

Guitar
LTD MH-100QM, Washburn X12

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
After looking at the new pics, the neck might both be maple.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster