Quote by blue_strat
Yes, but what amp will you be using?

Who needs an amp, with these pickups, i r be liek teh Slash!
lmao

And yes, ho does use those
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Lol, Slah...
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
this sounds like a mg/spider case
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by steve!
thts not much better
hes one of these folk who belives sound is all in the pickups im guessing

the AD30 is a decent amp, man. it sound better than most amps in it's price range.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I can almost assure you that Slash does not use those in his guitars.
Quote by steve!
thts not much better
hes one of these folk who belives sound is all in the pickups im guessing

But, those pickups won't get you a Slash sound.
Last edited by thrasher. at Sep 25, 2009,
Quote by al112987

This.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
The SD 59 pickups will probably be a good choice too. i don't know why but i seriously don't think slash's tone is that great. i think my tastes are slowly but surely moving away from the marshall sound.
Who's Slah?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Who's Slah?

a quick google search brought me to this...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/08/25/2009-08-25_british_woman_paula_slah_dies_midflight_in_front_of_horrified_relatives_.html

Says she was "picked up" by an ambulance, although authorities are still uncertain of what type of pickups she used...
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Quote by Bright Light
a quick google search brought me to this...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/08/25/2009-08-25_british_woman_paula_slah_dies_midflight_in_front_of_horrified_relatives_.html

Says she was "picked up" by an ambulance, although authorities are still uncertain of what type of pickups she used...

LOL

You have made my day.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I wouldn't buy them pups to get his tone.

Slash's pickups use alnico II magnets.
Pickups using alnico II are low output, and in some cases can be rather 'transparent'. As such, practically all of your tone will come from your amp, not the pickups. So you'd need an amp that gives you exactly what you want.

Buying Alnico IIs for Slash's Slah's tone, with your current equipment, is the same as buying Ernie Ball Strings to get Jimmy Page's tone. It won't do anything.

Keep the pickups you have and focus on other equipment, ie amp.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by al112987

What does he use? He says he uses them, but really he's an ad wh0re and it wouldn't surprise me if he did it for the money.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
What does he use? He says he uses them, but really he's an ad wh0re and it wouldn't surprise me if he did it for the money.
Well... it's Slash, and he's been using Seymour Duncans for decades, but I can almost guarantee that any Seymour Duncan that he personally uses, comes from either Seymour Duncan or MJ directly. So I don't doubt that he uses an A2pro, but there is no way in hell that he is using the same one that any one of us are going to buy from Guitar Center.

In the end, production model Duncans are not what they used to be back when Seymour Duncan or MJ used to wind them very much like how guys like Jim Wagner and Tim Mills do now for WCR and BKP. But you can still get a set of whatever pickup you want wound by either Seymour or MJ if you call their custom shop, which is what guys like Slash do.

And it may seem like cork sniffery to just say that a $150 custom shop A2pro is better than an $80 A2pro, but the MJ wound JB's from the '80s I've played have been better than my 2004 production model JB in every way.
Last edited by al112987 at Sep 25, 2009,
Quote by al112987
Well... it's Slash, and he's been using Seymour Duncans for decades, but I can almost guarantee that any Seymour Duncan that he personally uses, comes from either Seymour Duncan or MJ directly. So I don't doubt that he uses an A2pro, but there is no way in hell that he is using the same one that any one of us are going to buy from Guitar Center.

In the end, production model Duncans are not what they used to be back when Seymour Duncan or MJ used to wind them very much like how guys like Jim Wagner and Tim Mills do now for WCR and BKP. But you can still get a set of whatever pickup you want wound by either Seymour or MJ if you call their custom shop, which is what guys like Slash do.

And it may seem like cork sniffery to just say that a $150 custom shop A2pro is better than an $80 A2pro, but the MJ wound JB's from the '80s I've played have been better than my 2004 production model JB in every way.

I suspected he got a custom wound one.

And yeah, I know what you say. I don't think it's snobbish, that's basially the truth.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009