I am trying to play the song get out of my yard with paul gilbert and he tunes the high e the b string and the g string in octave.
The high e is always an ,e no problem there.
The g you just tune one and a half step lower.
But the b string requires a perfect fifth higher tuning.
Can the string snap?
I think the condition of the string matters it is rather new like 1 month and the condition is good.
Last edited by Pinch Harmonic at Sep 24, 2009,
You need to get different strings for this. It's irritating, but it'll most likey break.
Its tuned E5 on top e, E4 on the B (octave lower than top string) and E3 for the G string (two octaves below top string).

So, the top E stays the same, the B string gets tuned DOWN, and the G string is tuned down
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by Stud_Muffin
get a thicker gauge b string?

This.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
aha i tuned down and because i am tapping it doesnt sound sloppy at all thanks for the answers.
The highest you can tune the B up would be about E or F. I would do it very slowly though. Like said previously, tuning down would probably be an easier option.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
.009 strings for your top 2 strings and if that 3rd one's down an octave, then get something like a 16 or 17.. idk, it's worth a try though.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"