I'm looking in the neighborhood of spending like $300~...and I've heard both these guitars are pretty quality..but which to get?!

This beautiful black tele:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SX-Telecaster-Copy_W0QQitemZ150374426341QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item230303a6e5&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

or Joe's sig model guitar at an affordable cost? (note that if the white WI26 is purchased, I'll probably put the white Duncan SH-6 from my Epi LP into the bridge of the new guitar)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Washburn-WI26-Joe-Trohman-Idol-Custom_W0QQitemZ170385230082QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item27abc04902&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/WASHBURN-JOE-TROHMAN-IDOL-WI26-WHITE-ELECTRIC-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ320425633745QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item4a9adb27d1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Avoid SX Guitars Like The Plague, I wouldnt want it as my first guitar not to mension as an upgrade.

Cant speak for the washburn though, but i have played they're WI66 Pro and thought it was good value for money
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Engl Standard 4x12 (V60's)

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah
I like the white washburn. That thing looks incredibly sexy
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Save your money. Definitely don't buy the SX, but if you are dead set on a new guitar buy the white one. Honestly though, save up for a mid-level jackson or ibanez. I'm talking 400-600 dollars
well it seems like (if you're not lying in you sig) that you have a fairly decent setup already.

why spend $300 on another low end guitar?

i suggest saving a few hundred more and getting at least a mid range guitar that is an actual improvement on what you have now.

the goal in a guitarists life is not to have a lot of guitars. it's to have good guitars.
Haha, I understand what y'all are thinking, but I'm not trying to get an upgrade. I'm getting a moderately priced guitar that'll be fun to play around with. I'm a pretty average player who doesn't need the best of the best. I've actually owned higher end guitars (ESP EC-1000, Hellraiser, Epi LP Custom...lookin at y'all)...but what's the point of owning something really nice if I can't do justice to it?

I've read some reviews on the Washburn and seen a few demo vids and it seems like a really nice guitar for what I'll be using it for.

I mean, I cna always upgrade later.

Also, it'll be nice to have one guitar tuned to E and one to Drop D

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
All the people here trashing SX guitars are sorely mistaken. For me its a fight between the SX tele and the white Washburn honestly. That particular SX model is pretty awesome for the price and since you'd have some extra cash from the money you'd save you can invest in some decent upgrades (nothing too extreme since it's not a high end deserving of the best pickups money can buy but something that will do you justice for the price). Now thats not to say that the stock SX pickups are crap either because the pups on my SX SJM are just pretty fantastic out of box. Now they had to be set up to my liking and there are some minor complaints I have about the guitar in general but nothing that can't be taken care of for not that much cash.

I understand your position and have been in it before buying my SX. Now mind you my SX is my 4th guitar and is no shape or form my main lead instrument and it was never intended to be. I bought it because I had some extra cash, needed a cheap model that wasn't a Squier that could be messed around with to my liking without the worry of losing money if it craps out. Does that sound like you? Then there is absolutely NOTHING WRONG with picking up an SX, especially that Tele because they don't come in those headstocks anymore or even that color scheme model anymore. In my opinion its very nice and I wouldn't mind owning it myself.

If your looking for Fall Out Boy tones then Im positive you can get it out of that Tele. The reason I'd choose that over his sig model is because I tend to be against all sig models in the first place primarily because your paying more for the name rather than the instrument. At least with the SX you know what your paying for and you get what you pay for and lemme tell you from first hand experience that they aren't bad at all and I would buy an SX or Agile anyday over a Squier. The price and quality just don't compare ESPECIALLY with my SX bass, and my SJM guitar is just fun period. Screw all you SX haters here.
What I'm working with:
Fender Jazzmaster
Gibson SG-X
ESP EC-401
Peavey 6505+ w/ Voodoo mods
Last edited by skaterforsale at Sep 24, 2009,
Actually, a lot of the praise towards the Washburn has been that it IS a sig model that is fairly cheap.

I mean put against Patrick's sig Gretsch Electromatic, or Jim Root's sig MIM Tele, etc., you're saving a lot of money.

And the $220 price tag on the Washburn is like more than 50% off its retail price. They're probably under $250 because the guitars may have not sold that well because they were relatively unheard of (i'm guessing), and they could be awesome guitars to own.

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
True, for a little over 200$ that isn't bad at all for a sig model especially since FOB is a pretty well known band. I'm not ragging on his sig model or Washburn in general trust me I'm not I just don't have any experience with them at all so I can't say anything about them. I was just vouching for SX's out of experience.
What I'm working with:
Fender Jazzmaster
Gibson SG-X
ESP EC-401
Peavey 6505+ w/ Voodoo mods