Hi,

I currently own a roland 30 watt cube and have been considerin gettin a new amp and since im on a tight-ish budget I was given advice to get a small 15watt valve amp with basic settings (maybe with some built in reverb) and then spend money on a QUALITY effects board.

So I came here with hopes of gatherin advice on:

-The most generally reliable, good quality valve amp for roughly 200-300 UK pounds.
Ive checked out a little of the Blues Junior and the Laney... CUB..? I think?

-The most reliable, good quality effects board with the best range of sound possibilities (prefferably with a decent on-board manual WAH-WAH for roughly 200-300 UK pounds.

I currently own a Yamaha RGX520DZ equip with Seymour Duncan hum-buckers and I cant be sure but intend to buy either a fender telecaster or stratocaster within the near future. I can decide just yet.

Im mainly into Jazz and Jazz fusion of all kinds but I also play 70's 80's soul and rock with the band I play with.

All advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Last edited by Moon_Force at Sep 24, 2009,
There is no building or customizing involved here.
I was gonna ask a Mod to move this to GG&A for you. But I checked.
I see you have also made a thread there and in EG as well.

Do NOT shotgun the forums with duplicates of the same thread.

*reported*

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
for a decent fx unit look at http://www.tcelectronic.com/guitareffects.asp - the G major is pretty much all you need.

for the amp there are many options but you probably need to spend a bit more than 300 quid. an orange tiny terror is 300 for the head (last time i looked) and although it's a little beast, it might not be quite the thing for jazz playing (there's not much clean headroom at all).

if you want a wah, just get a wah separate to the FX board. when manufactuers try and squeeze too much into one product the quality suffers. so, i would reccommend getting a wah pedal on its own. morley are decent, crybaby would be good too. i like both.
hoo boy are we the revolution?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
There is no building or customizing involved here.
I was gonna ask a Mod to move this to GG&A for you. But I checked.
I see you have also made a thread there and in EG as well.

Do NOT shotgun the forums with duplicates of the same thread.

*reported*

Well since this forum is based around amps and effects buildin I imagine there are people here that know alot more than those who just buy amps and effects so thats why I posted here.