When I watch some movies and TV-shows in English, they sometimes speak other languages during an episode.

For instance, I was watching this movie which was mixed English and Spanish, the housemaid only spoke Spanish when everyone else in the movie spoke English.

But I've been to Spain, they dub their movies and TV-shows so that everyone speaks Spanish. If this movie ever was translated to Spanish, how would these people do?
Because everything would be translated to Spanish, it would be confusing. Would it?

Another instance would be an episode in Friends when Joey was trying to learn French.
His attempt to learn it failed, resulting in him pronouncing the words wrong.
Friends was dubbed to french, how did they do this when Joey was going to learn French?

Or, in the computer game The Curse of Monkey Island when you enter the chicken restaurant tarred and feathered, you have an option to say "Yes, I'm The Pollo Del Diablo, I've come to take your chickens" in Spanish, how would this work out if the game was dubbed to Spanish?

Tl;dr: Second and Third paragraph would explain my question the most.
DeVillains!
They would just do it like 'Allo 'Allo.
Everyone speaks the same language, but you cvan tell when the characters are supposed to be speaking another language by ze use of an outrageous comedy accent!
Quote by MightyAl
Everyone speaks the same language, but you cvan tell when the characters are supposed to be speaking another language by ze use of an outrageous comedy accent!

I read the last half of your reply in ze stupid french accent from ze holy grail!
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by Ylasto

Another instance would be an episode in Friends when Joey was trying to learn French.
His attempt to learn it failed, resulting in him pronouncing the words wrong.
Friends was dubbed to french, how did they do this when Joey was going to learn French?

.. By leaving Joey to speak.. "French"..?

It would probably end up being funnier in French because the French would know how it's supposed to sound.
Quote by MightyAl

yoooooooou stupid woman.

... funniest show ever.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
They're usually free to change some minor plot elements (Such as the 'foreign' language) to maintain the spirit of the scene. Or they don't, and the humor is lost.
Quote by whalepudding
What about puns? They'd all be gone.

Thats pundamentally impossible.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by whalepudding
What about puns? They'd all be gone.

That generally happens. Luckily.

Quote by Don_Humpador
.. By leaving Joey to speak.. "French"..?

It would probably end up being funnier in French because the French would know how it's supposed to sound.

Yup.