if the intonation on my guitar is screwed up, thhe action of higher frets is higher than lower ones, and when i play open strings many of the strings just buzz does this mean that the neck is warped? or could it be something else that is easier to fix
try checking your truss rod maybe your neck curved upwards instead of down or is just flat, intonation is something totally different, generally fixed with string length, but my best guess check your truss rod or take it to a professional and get their opinion
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends
there are two ways one you can look down the neck it should have a slight back bow in it, or a better way, hold down the first fret on the Big E string(6th string) and use your right pinky to hold down the last fret same string, use your thumb to push the 12 fret same string down, it should have a slight bounce it shouldn't be laying on the frets should be about a 2mm gap

But TAKE IT TO A PROFESSIONAL if your not confident you could very well mess up your guitar if you start cranking on the truss rod
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends
click the green link in my sig. the first post has a simple test.

^similar to that one.

measure and post back here. let me know if the string lays on the fret wire there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011