hey so ive been playing guitar for around about a year now and i think i have started to get good enough to buy some serious equipment

im mainly into playing metal but do like to play some other stuff like rock and blues.

i have about £400-500 to spend on a new guitar, amp and maybe a footpedal but i dont really know what im looking for.

I really like the idea of getting an ibanez iceman but i hear there expensive but i want something similar

so please help me if you can!! thanks alot! x
500 quid for all that stuff isn't much, I'd strongly advise you to upgrade one piece of gear at a time. Usually, people start by getting a new amp.

What amp and guitar are you currently using? When you say metal, do you mean more like Iron Maiden or more modern stuff, like death/black metal?
For £500 you wont get much of an upgrade if you want to upgrade guitar and amp.
But the standard suggestion for you might be: get a Blackstar HT-5 stack.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
ah i see lol, well my guitar at the moment truely sucks, and my amp is just as bad. its a bb blaster or something like that?

what is best to get first? i mean if i get a guitar now i wouldnt really see the benfits of it using it with a poor amp right??

i could gather £1000 in total in about 3 months i guess. so whats best to get first?
For older metal the HT-5 would be enough I guess. Maybe get a nice OD to boost it a bit for more gain.
Yes, new amp first would be better, but only if your guitar is not completely unplayable or something.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
it looks like a fender and made by a company called westfield or something? its been pritty good to learn on. but will a new amp help me learn more too?
Well, not really, but it will upgrade your sound quality and motivate you to learn more. It's at least more fun to play on better amps.
But a new guitar wouldn't help you to learn more, it might have much better playability, and that can help improving your playing.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Sure! - better tone inspires you to play. I say go to the nearest guitar store and let them set up your guitar properly - costs about 20-30 quid.

Now the amp. I recommend you get that first unless the guitar is falling apart or completely unplayable. I recommend a H&K Edition Tube. It'll do anything up to metal well and it's even loud enough for band use, should you ever want to jam with friends.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/hugheskettner_edition_tube_25th_anniversary.htm

The sound files are a bit bright (as always with thomann). H&K's got a better file:
http://hughes-and-kettner.com/products.php?mode=sound&id=5#

You can also click on "demo" for two more sound files.

The Blackstar HT-5 is nice, but the H&K has better cleans and is a lot louder - if you are willing to spend the 420 quid it's definitely worth it, otherwise the HT-5 is a nice choice as well.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/blackstar_ht5_combo.htm
Make the amp your priority, the BB Blaster is possibly the worst amp ever made. You still have enough to get both though, get something like a 30 watt Vox Valvetronix and a Vintage V100.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com