That's totally personal preference really.... How about tell what genre you're thinking this combination would be for?
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
What styles of music do you play?

What guitar are you using?

What amp(s) are you using?

Any particular brands you're considering?
I playy Rock/Metal/Blues <<< These categories reallyy

an Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
A Marshall AVT150 (My personal preference until i have enough money for a full tube)

Brandsss.. uhm..
Wel.. EMGs.. SDs..?
Hope that helps.
Dimarzio PAF Pro, Fast Track 2 in the middle, Dimarzio Fred in the Bridge.

It's what I like and I play a bit of everything.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Last edited by yellowshirtguy at Sep 24, 2009,
A Seymour Duncan TB-4 in the bridge will be a versatile pickup and will more than likely do Rock, Metal, and Blues and a '59 would be nice in the neck position. I'm not too sure about the middle pickup though. Try asking the "Tone Wizard" on the official SD website.
So basically you need a versatile, mid-output pickup set for a tonally balanced guitar through a mid-gain Marshall to play blues, metal and I assume everything in between. That's... as generic as you could possibly get.

If it was me, I'd suggest a Seymour Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge as a medium/hot modern-toned humbucker that isn't entirely useless for more traditional tones. I'd go for a Pearly Gates in the neck, which has a more vintage feel than the Custom 5 but still has enough output to keep up with the Custom 5.
For the middle singlecoil, I think it depends just how much more you play blues than metal, or metal over blues (or of course if you're dead in the middle). If you do play hard rock/metal more often, I'd suggest a Cool Rails - versatile singlecoil-sized humbucker that is more than capable of heavier tones but isn't completely useless for cleaner tones. If you're more on the blues/classic rock side, I'd suggest the Quarter Pound Flat. It's just a little thicker-toned than a normal singlecoil so it sounds great for classic and cleaner tones while still having just enough grunt to not be totally out of place for hard rock. If you're really in the middle, I'd suggest a Classic Stack. It's output is in between a typical singlecoil and a humbucker, it's hum-cancelling but still retains as much of the usual singlecoil tone as possible so it's very versatile, though be aware it's not exactly perfect for extreme metal or the very cleanest jazz and blues tones, it is mostly a medium-rock pickup.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by punker_7970
A Seymour Duncan TB-4 in the bridge will be a versatile pickup and will more than likely do Rock, Metal, and Blues and a '59 would be nice in the neck position. I'm not too sure about the middle pickup though. Try asking the "Tone Wizard" on the official SD website.

Yeahh taht's helped a lot cheers, only problem is that i have to save each sound i want to hear which is a bitch acuse there's about 40 haha..
Quote by MrFlibble
So basically you need a versatile, mid-output pickup set for a tonally balanced guitar through a mid-gain Marshall to play blues, metal and I assume everything in between. That's... as generic as you could possibly get.

If it was me, I'd suggest a Seymour Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge as a medium/hot modern-toned humbucker that isn't entirely useless for more traditional tones. I'd go for a Pearly Gates in the neck, which has a more vintage feel than the Custom 5 but still has enough output to keep up with the Custom 5.
For the middle singlecoil, I think it depends just how much more you play blues than metal, or metal over blues (or of course if you're dead in the middle). If you do play hard rock/metal more often, I'd suggest a Cool Rails - versatile singlecoil-sized humbucker that is more than capable of heavier tones but isn't completely useless for cleaner tones. If you're more on the blues/classic rock side, I'd suggest the Quarter Pound Flat. It's just a little thicker-toned than a normal singlecoil so it sounds great for classic and cleaner tones while still having just enough grunt to not be totally out of place for hard rock. If you're really in the middle, I'd suggest a Classic Stack. It's output is in between a typical singlecoil and a humbucker, it's hum-cancelling but still retains as much of the usual singlecoil tone as possible so it's very versatile, though be aware it's not exactly perfect for extreme metal or the very cleanest jazz and blues tones, it is mostly a medium-rock pickup.

Well, I play about 70% metal in ratio to Metal / Blues..
So what do you suggest from that?