my epi les paul studio's inotation is out on high e string. my problem is that the saddle is as far forward as it will go (and it needs to go further)! so guitar gurus ............HELP!!!
how fresh are the strings?

how out of tune is it all the way up?

and how are you intonating?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
you could always try a longer screw in the saddle
but there's probably something more serious going on
Quote by MLilienthal
you could always try a longer screw in the saddle
but there's probably something more serious going on

the saddle can only be moved so far on a tom bridge (or any bridge)

i agree with jj165 it`s probably the TS`s method
^in some cases where the nut was cut wrong in the factory, then flipping the saddle to face the direction you need to move can add the wiggle room needed to intonate.

But, yeah, most of the time it's old strings, or the way you're intonating.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

they are ernie ball power slinkys. 1 month old. it isn't horribly far out just a bit off on 12th fret (harmonic). my guitar teacher spotted it earlier and did harmonics at 12th fret. said he would try again next week...(fingers crossed) nah he knows what he's doing. just was a bit too deep in thought thats all.
is it sharp at the 12th or flat?
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
Quote by mnf50
they are ernie ball power slinkys. 1 month old. it isn't horribly far out just a bit off on 12th fret (harmonic). my guitar teacher spotted it earlier and did harmonics at 12th fret. said he would try again next week...(fingers crossed) nah he knows what he's doing. just was a bit too deep in thought thats all.

Dont do harmoic innotation, just fret it at the 12th fret and if its not exactly the same as the open note then adjust the saddle accordling. I think if its sharp you go in, and if its flat you go out. You dont have to get it exactly on the button, but very close.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
the saddle can only be moved so far on a tom bridge (or any bridge)

i agree with jj165 it`s probably the TS`s method

er well not if you put a longer screw in
Quote by MLilienthal
er well not if you put a longer screw in

toms have space limits.

strats can be manipulated to a point, but only in one direction.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62